Airfix 1/72 Harrier AV8-S

So I was in Westfield Shepherd's Bush and saw the modelzone corner in WH Smiths which I had forgotten was there! Needless to say I went in, had a look, and got the new tool AV8 which I had been intending to get around to building, being a big harrier fan. I liked the look of the Spanish scheme so ended up doing that.

I used Tamiya XF-55 Deck Tan for the upper side and XF-2 Flat White for the underside. I brush painted using the thin paint-large brush-lots of coats method and I think it turned out OK. I went for a clean job to bring out the transfers which I thought were rather nice!

72%20HARRIER%20AV8S%202_zpsbiv7agzo.jpg

72%20HARRIER%20AV8S_zpsbo2jj2e8.jpg72%20HARRIER%20AV8S%201_zpsv91marbx.jpg

• Like 9

Hello,Flashman - Well done with your build of the 'Matador'.A lovely different scheme too.I remember seeing these on detachment at Waddington many moons ago.Happy memories rekindled by your model.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Cheers all- it's my first ready for inspection post and I must say I was a bit nervous as to what feedback I would get but you all certainly put that to rest! Cheers.

To brush paint Tamiya paints in a smooth way is no mean feat, believe me!

My gospel is: Humbrol, yes. Tamiya never!

So congrats for a great job!

JR

• Like 2

To brush paint Tamiya paints in a smooth way is no mean feat, believe me!

My gospel is: Humbrol, yes. Tamiya never!

So congrats for a great job!

JR

The trick is really thin paint, lots of coats, build it up. It's worth the effort.