Constellation question

F4u

Ok so here's the question what do you guy's think is the best 1/72 Connie kit , being one of my favourite classics I have yet to add one to my collection what with Christmas just around the corner it could be on the list I'm not a rivet counter but would be nice if it resembled a Connie when built !

Many Thanks

Guy

So far as I'm aware there's only the Heller range (re-boxed in one version by Airfix). They're not brilliant, apart from the shade of blue some are moulded in, but they certainly look like Constellations. There's a fair range of improvement available, and I'm contemplating spending a small fortune on Plus Models' Warning Star sets. If you want an airliner you could most likely get by with less in the way of add-ons.

I did not know that the Airfix one was a re-box so Heller is the one, would love to do a MATS version. Warning Star version would be nice but if you have to buy the after market stuff then it becomes expensive as you say.

Thanks pigsty

Guy

If you want a decent L-1049, Paul Fisher's sets are essential. They correct most of what's wrong with the Heller kit (the rest's not worth worrying about). Sadly, there's nothing around for the Heller L-749 kit, which is even more diabolical. The Constellation is another subject which could really do with a decent, accurate kit - how about it, Mr Airfix or Mr Revell?

Very nice Connie MODeller. To the vast majority of people the faults/errors with this kit won't be in any way obvious; and for those who claim to be able to detect incorrectly moulded rivets types or the incorrect stitching on the pilots seat belts, there's always the Fisher resin products which will improve the accuracy.

Very nice Connie MODeller , Vessa thanks for the link , Admiral your not wrong we do need a new tool Connie just hope it happens in my lifetime ( 1/48 anyone !!! ).

Pinky the majority of people who see my model collection would not know the difference between a Spitfire and Hurricane and certainly would not know what a Connie looked like or ever herd of it so it would be for my pleasure really as all my models are but as long as it looks reasonably good with a bit of work that's good for me.

Thanks chaps.

Guy

Hannants have the plus model with everything you need for £96 !!!

Or you can go for cheaper options with less resin.

Guy