Your Airfix top (REALISTIC) future releases?

dpm1did1

Hmm my two cents ... in 1/48 scale  would be an F-86h none in this scale at all. And an Fj-3 fury also none in this scale. You cant count esci's scary attempt.Taking an F-86f and modifying it with Fj-2 & Fj-3 parts. And totally incorrect canopy. A total dream would love to see a B-45 tornado again in 1/48 but 1/72 would be good as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 3:19 AM, Albeback52 said:

Would new toolings of the Harrier GR5/GR7/T10 qualify as "realistic" future releases.  Existing kits are good but somewhat dated by now and, the T10 is only available for really silly money IF you can find one.:lol:. Oh yes, Surely a Harrier T2/T4 to go with their tin winged Harriers is feasible (cue shouts of "What about the Sword kits?"). Well, to quote a tired old cliché - "They don't make money for Airfix!":P. More importantly, being limited run they also come with limited availability.

Allan

ps - how about a Merlin engine Beaufighter? Shouldn't be too difficult to update the existing kit with the required parts.

pps - some follow on versions of the nice little Skyhawk kit would be nice too

GR.5, GR.7, and T.10 all available in one lot for less than US$30 plus shipping from Canada

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-x-AIRFIX-1-72nd-SCALE-RAF-HAWKER-HARRIERS-Mk-GR7-GR5-T-10-04038-39-40-/162565093533?hash=item25d9a2789d:g:J-oAAOSwsW9Y2tEu

Not: I have no affiliation with the seller. This was the first listing I found on ebay that corresponded with the subject of the post I am replying to.

Edited by VMA131Marine

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmm my two cents ... in 1/48 scale  would be an F-86h none in this scale at all. And an Fj-3 fury also none in this scale. You cant count esci's scary attempt.Taking an F-86f and modifying it with Fj-2 & Fj-3 parts. And totally incorrect canopy. A total dream would love to see a B-45 tornado again in 1/48 but 1/72 would be good as well. 

1/72 B-45 Tornado? Ask and Ye shall receive: 

• Like 1