Your Airfix top (REALISTIC) future releases?

dpm1did1

I agree with most wishes, as I buy most the new issues, as the come on to the market, the 1/48 stuff is great, both 1/24 kits, are gems.

some of the 1/72, has been hit and miss, not a lover of the Blenheim kit.

love to see more cars, military, ships and some sc fi.

Airfix 2018, might be another reboot, after all, same packaging for about 10years, so maybe in for a restyled look.

If the made bit money on 1/24, we will get another, retool the main 4 subjects and maybe a Zero.

1/72, can see a few modern jet, sellers.

would like to see some more airfield equipment.

be happy if Airfix still issues something 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerrardandrews said:

I agree with most wishes, as I buy most the new issues, as the come on to the market, the 1/48 stuff is great, both 1/24 kits, are gems.

some of the 1/72, has been hit and miss, not a lover of the Blenheim kit.

love to see more cars, military, ships and some sc fi.

Airfix 2018, might be another reboot, after all, same packaging for about 10years, so maybe in for a restyled look.

If the made bit money on 1/24, we will get another, retool the main 4 subjects and maybe a Zero.

1/72, can see a few modern jet, sellers.

would like to see some more airfield equipment.

be happy if Airfix still issues something 😊

You will be very unlikely to get anything other than 1/72 and 1/48 aircraft of WWll and early Cold War.

Definitely no Sci Fi  or 1/144 Airliners

• Like 1

By the way, is there is a list of new Corgi releases from 2016?. I haven't been interested in diecast models earlier.

Denford, I still hope some WWI type may appear, because of 100 anniversary of the  Great War end. Corgi released SPAD XIII this year, and this plane match this and was even used by British.

Edited by Botan

1 hour ago, Botan said:

By the way, is there is a list of new Corgi releases from 2016?. I haven't been interested in diecast models earlier.

Denford, I still hope some WWI type may appear, because of 100 anniversary of the  Great War end. Corgi released SPAD XIII this year, and this plane match this and was even used by British.

Yes: there might be a WWl subject or even subjects depending on:

- How well their WWl kits sold

- Availability of accurate and reliable data

1 hour ago, Denford said:

Yes: there might be a WWl subject or even subjects depending on:

- How well their WWl kits sold

- Availability of accurate and reliable data

- And a host of other factors that no one on the forum is privy to.

21 hours ago, Aeronut said:

The Boy Scout will come with an additional sprue to allow it to be built as a Hitler Youth. :wink:

And, with regard to the gender neutral nature of the Scout movement, will it come with separate female head and torso parts?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T7 Models said:

And, with regard to the gender neutral nature of the Scout movement, will it come with separate female head and torso parts?

Ive seen a preview of the final test shots..

04A79288-6E4D-4161-9F98-D4865AF9C604_zps

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Plasto said:

Ive seen a preview of the final test shots..

04A79288-6E4D-4161-9F98-D4865AF9C604_zps

More unbuildable garbage - the neck is 0.5mm too short, the facial detail is completely bland and inaccurate, and the panel lines are invisible. I can't even be bothered to put red lines on it, it's so awful.

John

• Like 9

On 16/06/2017 at 0:18 PM, Aeronut said:

The Boy Scout will come with an additional sprue to allow it to be built as a Hitler Youth. :wink:

Well that's the European market gone for a burton then!

7 hours ago, John Thompson said:

More unbuildable garbage - the neck is 0.5mm too short, the facial detail is completely bland and inaccurate, and the panel lines are invisible. I can't even be bothered to put red lines on it, it's so awful.

John

I agree with the above yet despite all of this it's actually more lifelike than the original....

I believe the original is quite 'collectable' as it's not been reissued in a long time........ Thankfully.

I think I may need to re work my release prediction formula with and additional expression

Where:

S = social media co creation campaign (think kit starter.)

F = the number of implausible requests generated by campaign

a =  Number if mold tools with an asset value but producing stuff not wanted by the modern consumer.

i = engagement of consumer base as a percentage

l = likelihood of a positive outcome as a factor

expressed thus...

s = ((f/a)+(i-l))

adding this to my original calculations now gives me a

prediction that we will see a re issue of the toy SLR rifle and a 1/24 Lancaster.

• Like 2

Always love to see an Airfix release, but given we're supposed to be realistic...

In 24th

Spitfire Mk.1 - release a new tool version for the BoB 80th anniversary in two years time

In 48th

Bristol Bulldog (Airfix would have the market pretty much all to itself with this one)

DH Mosquito

Fairey Firefly

Hawker Fury (as with the Bulldog, no real competition)

P-51B Mustang

In 72nd

Avro Anson

BAC Strikemaster

Canberra B2

DH Mosquito

Ju-88 (BoB version, perhaps others later)

Mig-23

P-38 Lightning

P-51B Mustang

Short Sunderland

Westland Lysander

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Scott_ said:

Always love to see an Airfix release, but given we're supposed to be realistic...

In 24th

Spitfire Mk.1 - release a new tool version for the BoB 80th anniversary in two years time

In 48th

Bristol Bulldog (Airfix would have the market pretty much all to itself with this one)

DH Mosquito

Fairey Firefly

Hawker Fury (as with the Bulldog, no real competition)

P-51B Mustang

The Bulldog was done  well  by Inpact/Pyro/Lifelike/Lindberg, and is pretty easy to get (also badly by Merit/Smer)

The Hawker Fury Airfix did,  but it's not one of their better 1/48th kits, being an ungraded tooling of an unissued Merit kit.

Airfix  do a decent  1/48th Mosquito,  though the 'new bits' done to make a XVI and XXX are a bit crude compared to the original kit.

THat said a new tool Mosquito, especially a two stage version, would cover a gap in the market,both in 72nd and 48th

The Firefly is an interesting one, but Airfix seem to operate in the reverse of Eduard, and do 72nd first, then 48th.

I'd be very surprised if they do a P-51B, apart from Spitfires they don't tend to work on doing multiple variants.

Given the 'do 72nd first' idea,  an early slat wing F-86  E/F would be a very good idea, given it's wide use, RAF included,, and would sell worldwide.

As they have done some 1/48th vehicles, and Tamiya are still popping out kits in  this,  some UK specific items would be great,

M4A4 /Sherman V,  (a few new bits, Firefly V) ,only possible now with a lot of work or resin hull.

Churchill, with careful planning a III/IV/VI and AVRE,  and VII, lots of conversion potential,  

Centurion, with careful planning many versions, and very widely used, Korea, Vietnam, Israel

one less UK orientated, M3 halftrack, major gap in 1/48 AFV, and  very widely used, plenty of conversion potential.

2 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

The Firefly is an interesting one, but Airfix seem to operate in the reverse of Eduard, and do 72nd first, then 48th.

I'd be very surprised if they do a P-51B, apart from Spitfires they don't tend to work on doing multiple variants.

Given the 'do 72nd first' idea,  an early slat wing F-86  E/F would be a very good idea, given it's wide use, RAF included,, and would sell worldwide.

As they have done some 1/48th vehicles, and Tamiya are still popping out kits in  this,  some UK specific items would be great,

M4A4 /Sherman V,  (a few new bits, Firefly V) ,only possible now with a lot of work or resin hull.

Churchill, with careful planning a III/IV/VI and AVRE,  and VII, lots of conversion potential,  

Centurion, with careful planning many versions, and very widely used, Korea, Vietnam, Israel

one less UK orientated, M3 halftrack, major gap in 1/48 AFV, and  very widely used, plenty of conversion potential.

I think a Firefly in 72 would work just as well - they could go down the Defiant route and offer both scales

I've heard before that Airfix isn't keen on multiple variants, but then they gave us the Martlet, Fortress III, 2 x He-111s, late version Beaufighter, etc. Each might constitute a fairly small change and minor parts differences, but it's still a variant. I can't see why Airfix would be opposed to another, especially as they could include RAF versions as a Mustang III

Agree with you on the Sabre variant - love Sabres and have built two Airfix kits already. Any excuse to get another.

Also agree on the 1/48 vehicles. There's a significant and growing market with both Tamiya and Hobby Boss doing great work in 48th. Rather than persist with odd scales like 76, I don't see why Airfix couldn't join them.

I'd opt for 48 versions of the Churchill, Centurion and Chieftain for starters 

• Like 2

1/72:

Hawker Typhoon (car door)

Hawker Tempest

Fairey Albacore

Fairey Barracuda

Fairey Fulmar

Fairey Battle

Bristol Beaufort

Blackburn Skua

Grumman Tarpon

Handley Page Hampden

Vickers Wellington

Avro Manchester

Short Stirling

Handley Page Halifax

New WWII RAF/USAAF/VVS USSR/Luftwaffe pilots and ground personnel set and aircraft weapons set

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

apart from Spitfires they don't tend to work on doing multiple variants.

From off the top of my head:

EE Lightning F.2A, F6

Blenheim I, IV, If

Beaufighter TF.X, TF.10

Fortress B-17G , Fortress III

He III H6, P2

F4F-4 Wildcat, Martlet IV

Harrier GR.1, GR.3, AV-8A

P-51 Mustang, F-51 Mustang

USAF Sabre, RAF Sabre

TSR.2, Stratos 4

Jet Provost T.3, T.4

to name just a few.

Airfix seem intent on multiple versions wherever possible - more power to their elbow!

Coming soon Phantom FG.1, to be followed by Phantom FGR.2?

And perhaps one day Mosquito B.IV, FB.VI, B.IX, NF.30 (Bomber & fighter noses & canopies, single and twin stage Merlins) .. I can but dream.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike Esposito said:

1/72 hawker hunter...probably mentioned earlier :facepalm:

1/48 Hawker Hunter...... please?

I hope Airfix are listening...

Tony

59 minutes ago, Nigel Bunker said:

From off the top of my head:

EE Lightning F.2A, F6

Blenheim I, IV, If

Beaufighter TF.X, TF.10

Fortress B-17G , Fortress III

He III H6, P2

F4F-4 Wildcat, Martlet IV

Harrier GR.1, GR.3, AV-8A

P-51 Mustang, F-51 Mustang

USAF Sabre, RAF Sabre

TSR.2, Stratos 4

Jet Provost T.3, T.4

to name just a few.

Airfix seem intent on multiple versions wherever possible - more power to their elbow!

Coming soon Phantom FG.1, to be followed by Phantom FGR.2?

And perhaps one day Mosquito B.IV, FB.VI, B.IX, NF.30 (Bomber & fighter noses & canopies, single and twin stage Merlins) .. I can but dream.

Firstly I'm presuming this is 1/72 and there needs to be a distinction between multiple and dual variants.

Though there are of course exceptions, most of the recent releases have been Dual.  Multiple, where a whole series have been tooled, is the territory of Eduard, KP and other East European manufacturers.

So, in at least the short/medium term, look for subjects for which two variants could be tooled even if there are, potentially, more variants of the same basic design.  So perhaps Mosquito Bomber with single and two stage engines, but no more.  Ditto Wellington, Beaufort, Canberra and a whole host of others: two variants only and the rest is up to the Aftermarket.

To Little Johnny, or Aunt Bessie buying him a present, a Spitfire is just a Spitfire and neither will buy more because one is Merlin and the other Griffon powered.  They might however buy a Spitfire and a Hurricane.

Remember too that for every subject tooled, another has to be put on the waiting list.  Better that we get, say, a Hunter and Avenger than every variant of Hunter and no Avenger.  That's the way they seem to be working and long may it last.