Your Airfix top (REALISTIC) future releases?

dpm1did1

I'm guessing we maybe weren't supposed to see the H2S radome as the workbench post now appears to be missing from the Airfix site!

Edited by wamwig

I wonder if they would do a modern F-5a as this kit has been in the catalogue for many years so must be a popular subject..Would love a new one of these.

AZ/KP Have announced they're releasing F-5A/B family in 1/72.

Edited by Gwart
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

1)Nothing in 1/24 scale

2)Junkers JU-88A (although the beautiful Revell kit will hard to beat)

3)Junkers JU-52 - particularly with floats

4)Avro Lincoln

5) Vickers Wellington - including the Merlin engine version Mk II

6)Merlin engined Beaufighter

7)H P Hampden

8) Bristol Beaufort

9) Lightning F1/F1A/F2/F3/T4/T5

Could think of plenty others but, I reckon that is sufficient to be going on with.

ps - Oh yes, reissue Vickers Valiant & the 1/48 Javelin and Sea Vixen.!! I point blank refuse to pay silly second hand prices

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

Make of this what you want

Last November

Cosford RAF Museum

Open day at the conservation hangar

Talking to one of the men restoring/rebuilding the Hampden

Talk got to Airfix and their radar thingy

Chap says; yes, it works pretty fast, those people know what they're doing with that. We could use one here'

Also in the hangar is a Wellington but its very dismantled and stucture not covered

8 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

1)Nothing in 1/24 scale

2)Junkers JU-88A (although the beautiful Revell kit will hard to beat)

3)Junkers JU-52 - particularly with floats

4)Avro Lincoln

5) Vickers Wellington - including the Merlin engine version Mk II

6)Merlin engined Beaufighter

7)H P Hampden

8) Bristol Beaufort

9) Lightning F1/F1A/F2/F3/T4/T5

10)Dornier 217

Could think of plenty others but, I reckon that is sufficient to be going on with.

ps - Oh yes, reissue Vickers Valiant & the 1/48 Javelin and Sea Vixen.!! I point blank refuse to pay silly second hand prices

Allan

You won't get a Do217 because there are no extant examples and I very much doubt any usable engineering drawings.  Anyone making a posting on this thread should bear this in mind

It's also been pointed out elsewhere that each year contains one US and one WWll Luftwaffe subject.

However as the thread title is " ... Future Releases" given time almost any subject, not excluded by the constraints of the first sentence, could be tooled!

• Like 1

Given its the RAF Centenary next year I would guess a strong RAF bias next year. with a mix of new tools and revised tooling's such as the Phantom FGR2. I suspect the new tools would replace old mouldings so a Ju-88 might be possible as the Luftwaffe subject to fill out their BoB line up, US wise I guess a new P-47 would be a contender as it used by the USAAF, go with the B-17 and possible RAF boxing too. 

I would to see in 1/48

Meteor trainer/night fighter

Hunter both single and twins

Vampire any mark

Venom any mark

Hampden

and in 1/72

Lincoln

Most of the above would have great mileage for Airfix and see multiple purchases. Just think of how many Sqaudrons used the first four in my list. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Denford said:

You won't get a Do217 because there are no extant examples and I very much doubt any usable engineering drawings.  Anyone making a posting on this thread should bear this in mind!

You're right. I'd forgotten about that!:worry:. However, Italeri must have had something on which to base their own (now, long OOP) Dornier 217 kits?. However, I will cross that one off the list! Thanks for the reminder!:D

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Robert said:

If they was to do one US aircraft l would hope it would a Cold War jet that served in the USAFE.

Robert

How about an F-84/RF-84?:D

Allan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Albeback52 said:

How about an F-84/RF-84?:D

Allan

Absolutely!  Used in the UK by the USAF, world-wide USAF use, US ANG, Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Taiwan, Turkey and West Germany, legions of markings options and an obvious gap in the market for modern kits of these types in 1/72nd!

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:25 AM, Wez said:

Absolutely!  Used in the UK by the USAF, world-wide USAF use, US ANG, Belgium, Denmark, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Taiwan, Turkey and West Germany, legions of markings options and an obvious gap in the market for modern kits of these types in 1/72nd!

And Xtradecal would go crazy!

• Like 1

I would love to see the current A-4B Skyhawk tweaked up for an E/F model.  The Fujimi kit can go for silly money on fleabay.  The AM decal guys could go crazy as well.....!!

Phil

• Like 2