So very Das Boot tempted

Gimme Shelter

Hi

I saw this for the first time on the shelves at the Abingdon IPMS show last Saturday and was very tempted. I've not built my other Revell 1/72 U-552 U Boat.

German%2BSubmarine%2BTYPE%2BIX%2BC40%2B%

I wasn't sure how to get in the house without the memsaab noticing and moaning so I'll save my pennies for another day

John

• Like 1

I agree with Panzer, just the right size, got mine as he said at Abingdon, but cant open til xmas Sigh!!

C'mon John you know you want to, a type IX would go lovely alongside a type VII.

Just have a look at the type IX walkaround just posted, picks from Panzer.

Chris

Andy/John ive just downloaded Revell PDF instruction sheet, its in colour!, have a look, youll be tempted, go on it even comes with a white ensign for Canada 1945.

http://www.revell.de/fileadmin/import/images/bau/05133_%23BAU_GERMANSUBMARINETYPEIXC40.PDF

Eduard are going to have a field day, so are CMK as some armament super detail in the pipeline already.

Chris

• Like 1

Chris. Stop it. Right. Now. And get on the naughty step...and as for Dave's suggestion...I'll run the idea past the missus for a couple of U-boats in the living room...just be prepared for a seismic reaction felt all the way up in West Middx :analintruder:

• Like 3

Can i come off the naughty step now?

Im looking at my 1/72 submarines, 3 type VIIC's, 1 type VIID conversion, 1 type VIIC/41, 1 type IX, 1 IJN I-53, 2 Gato's & a Skipjack. Not to mention the xmas pressie wrapped upstairs (IXC/40)

Please can i come off now?

Chris

• Like 2

Can i come off the naughty step now?

Im looking at my 1/72 submarines, 3 type VIIC's, 1 type VIID conversion, 1 type VIIC/41, 1 type IX, 1 IJN I-53, 2 Gato's & a Skipjack. Not to mention the xmas pressie wrapped upstairs (IXC/40)

Please can i come off now?

Chris

Yes OK :thumbsup:

Buy and be Dammed Andy

When you've got it what can she do???

Nothing

Brief whinge then it will all be over

Dave

:doh::boxing:

• Like 1

Hello

Gd to chat to you at the show

Chris one of our club members bought it off Mr Models

But that box art is dreadful

It's the worst I've ever seen off Revell

Hi Panzer

Good to chat with you on Saturday too

Bye for now - John

Andy/John ive just downloaded Revell PDF instruction sheet, its in colour!, have a look, youll be tempted, go on it even comes with a white ensign for Canada 1945.

http://www.revell.de/fileadmin/import/images/bau/05133_%23BAU_GERMANSUBMARINETYPEIXC40.PDF

Eduard are going to have a field day, so are CMK as some armament super detail in the pipeline already.

Chris

Hi Chris

How cool - colour instructions - takes me back to when the papers first issued their colour Sunday supplements for the first time - my oh my how the human race continues to advance itself - kits with colour assembly guides... it only took us till the 21st century to think of it !

I'm going to have a crack at this monster once my other 1/72 U-Boat is done - by which time all the 3rd party parts will no doubt be available.

I'm not overly fussed about how good or bad the kit is as I am not a fanatic on subs

John

• Like 1