Old school Dinosaurs part 2 "spiked dino"

Carts

This is the Revell "Dawn of Time" re-issue of the Aurora Prehistoric Scenes Styracosaurus ,which coincidently they have just re-issued again,I have made some modifications,as even when I was a Dino obsessed lad in the 70s,The sharp pointy teeth really bugged me,So I filed them down,added cheeks and a tongue and repositioned the head,I went for a green colour to honour the original kit which was moulded in a jungle green plastic.

Good wholesome modelling fun!

SPIKED%20DINOSAUR%201_zpsiwl4v7ve.jpg

spiked%20dinosaur%202_zpsjo1imomx.jpg

Spiked%20Dinosaur%204_zpsky65ntet.jpg

Cheers!

Andy

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

it's really quite amazing how much the perceived body pose and shape of the Styracosaurus has changed over recent years since Aurora first moulded this great old kit.

2016 is going to be the year of the dinosaur in my workshop - I have 11 kits ready to build. My Revell Aurora Triceratops is being carved up and modified and is in the WIP section on this part of the forum

I hope you build a few more Dino's yourself too - your paint job is excellent

John.

• Like 1

thats amazing! Love the scales paint job and the horns and spikes!!! I have like hundreds questions in my mind probably, but the two most thought are these : 1st - how did you paint the horns/spikes? 2nd - what varnish are you using for this kind of finish?

realy lovely amazing work

Thanks Guys

Regarding the horns, I sprayed off white then sprayed thinned black to the tips,a coat of Klear(which the whole kits was coated with) then washed with Daler and Rowney burnt umber ink.

Regarding other Dinos I've been splurging on the Tamiya Dinos from a few years back and have the Parasaurolophus,T.Rex,Triceratops and Chasmosaurus all lined up awaiting paint.

Andy

• Like 1