Season Finale: Shuttleworth Uncovered Airshow 2015

From a barrel roll at Farnborough to a slightly more sedate farewell at Shuttleworth. In between are so many great things to celebrate about the Vulcan. Thank you for sharing the photographs.

• Like 4

How WONDERFUL!!!! Love the formation with the Avro Anson! The crowd on the ground looked humongous!!!!!!!!

Sadly I never got to any of the displays the Vulcan was at this year but I do have vivid memories of many Vulcan displays back to the mid 1960;s!!

• Like 1

She is a beautiful aircraft.

I have been lucky to see her almost every year since her first flight after restoration.

I am going to miss seeing her in the sky.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

DSC_9066_zps7twjhavq.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I like to think I've taken some good photos over the years of the Vulcan, but this is stunning! I would be very happy to have taken this and I am some what envious... Thanks for sharing. :worthy:

• Like 3

Hello,Friends - I share all your sentiments regarding 'XH558'.I have loved the Vulcan all my life and shall always do so.Yes,I'll miss seeing her flying again but thank goodness for wonderful happy memories.All is far from over.We'll still be able to visit and get close up and personal with her.We shall still rejoice as we experience the fast taxi runs,etc.She'll still give us that magic sound and the greatest show on earth."Godspeed and Happy Landings to Her." All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

It is different i will say that ,see that you have a pic of the comet ,that reminds me when i would walk to ironbridge in the 70s with my pocket money ,there was always a airfix comet on the rack ,i would always think this week i am going to buy it ,i never did .

• Like 1

It is different i will say that ,see that you have a pic of the comet ,that reminds me when i would walk to ironbridge in the 70s with my pocket money ,there was always a airfix comet on the rack ,i would always think this week i am going to buy it ,i never did .

What a great story. If you feel like you missed out, the kit is still quite easy to obtain. I built one a couple of years ago - it was no show-winner, but a fun straight from the box weekend build!

Fantastic! All lovely shots. Great to see that Comet. :D My Dad has recently got three of the Airfix kits and is planning to build the set: Grosvenor House, Black Magic and the green one (did that ever have a name?).

Thanks mate. I love to see and hear the Dh.88 Comet at Old Warden. Your Dad's project sounds great. As far as I am aware the green Comet G-ACSR did not wear a name in the MacRobertson International Air Race, but was later named "Reine Astrid" and in December 1934 carried the Christmas mail from Brussels to Leopoldville in the Congo. In 1935 it was sold to the French government and received the French registration F-ANPY and was at some point given the name "Cité d'Angoulême IV".