Airfix 1/144 Wasa

kpnuts

Hi all well it's been resurrected I've redone the woodwork, I figure if the Hermann Marwede is going to be in a seascape i may as well tag this one in with it.

2ikci08.jpg

n3tfkl.jpg

53nxfo.jpg

• Like 2

Hi kpnuts, the little sticky up things look like the top ends of kevel bitts, which would have been mounted inside the bulwarks rather than atop the rails. The one you showed looks like it's about where the main sheet should belay, & that was one of their common uses. This is looking sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

One of Airfix's finest kits in my opinion. Good snag- I've seen them go for silly prices. 

I really want to build mine, bought new when the kit was last re-released (late 90s?), but I know if I make a mess of it I won't be able to afford another!!

Will

Hi all well all the detail painting on the hull is done.

I've glued the cannons on the sinking side as when it's attached to the base I think it would be very difficult.

20iwh90.jpg

fp2sdi.jpg

Added to the base, need to get some more Poundland bathroom sealant now for the sea

15wbhnr.jpg

2cosrbn.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all next update

33v2m50.jpg

2cdzz3d.jpg

I was going to add some stays but Airfix would have you use the God awful plastic coated cotton ratline thingies so no hole through the crows nest

2z55e06.jpg

Wish I hadn't added the main stays now as drilling out the holes in the crows nest will probably slacken them all off

2z8rx8k.jpg

• Like 2