Airfix Shackleton available this week ?

alpine_modeller

Notice they are out of stock,Wildcat,Kate,beau,He 111 and AV-8 sales must be booming!

Each time I look there seems to be only a couple at the top in-stock and then an endless list of out-of-stock follows.

Perhaps a rethink of the pages to show available kits only and have the others as a tickbox option (or a list only to bunch them up)

• Like 1

AMW generally run their articles a few weeks before the feature kit is released, so in the normal course of things I'd expect the Shackleton in December, but a source that I regard as very reliable independently gave tomorrow week as the release date yesterday evening. Let's hope the first containers don't end up west of Iceland like the Swifts did.

I doubt the PR Valiant sprue was as successful as hoped as the vanilla V was always going to be a long term road to profitability and few people would build a B then a B(PR) when the parts became available.

Imo either all-in-one boxing, or perhaps a case of either weapons or AEW parts sprue in separate boxes with the rest identical (at a guess as I can't remember sprue layout)

Edited by dpm1did1

Oh Bugger now is that a revised date back for the initial delivery or is that for a follow batch as the Pre-Order function has been re-enabled. It was locked once the initial batch had been allocated for pre-sales ?

Interesting I tried to get clarity on that from the Airfix Forum, but they said the bulk of the delivery is at the end of the month and they should fulfil their pre-orders then. However if the initial delivery has gone out to the usual traders we should find out by weekend I guess.

Apologies if this is a daft question, but bearing in mind I know the square root of not much about Shackletons - how different is the Mk.2 from a Mk.1? Is there the possibility of a backdate conversion to a Mk.1 at some stage?

Simon