HK Lancaster ?.

Don149

Thank you Stonar & Sinnerboy 

I have just checked the HK website and the given wingspan measurement is 971.55mm

This would be the precise 304.8mm to the foot scale.

Thats cleared that up for me.

Edited by Mancunian airman
Additional Info added via HK website
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

I have just checked the HK website and the given wingspan measurement is 971.55mm

Yes indeed, exactly 102 feet, which as far as I know is correct for the Lancaster.

I built Tamiya's venerable 1/48 Lancaster a few years ago, and that is so big that it now languishes on top of a wardrobe in a spare room. I'm not sure what I'd do with a model whose wingspan pushes one metre! I can't afford a bigger house :)

Cheers

Steve

12 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

Yes indeed, exactly 102 feet, which as far as I know is correct for the Lancaster.

I built Tamiya's venerable 1/48 Lancaster a few years ago, and that is so big that it now languishes on top of a wardrobe in a spare room. I'm not sure what I'd do with a model whose wingspan pushes one metre! I can't afford a bigger house :)

Cheers

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Updates direct from the manufacturer .....

The design of this model is being looked at very closely as the whole air-frame will have replicated air pressured outer skin panels
like the real Lancaster has and it will be a first of its kind by any kit manufacturer to reproduce these uneven bulges throughout
the model and we have got to get it correct first time round.

I hope they don't over do it , as Trumpeter did with the wing fabric on their 1/48 Wellington. Though some early Yorks were so

bulged between formers and longerons they almost looked vandalised !.(Pease , HK , not like that ! ) .

29 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

The design of this model is being looked at very closely as the whole air-frame will have replicated air pressured outer skin panels
like the real Lancaster has and it will be a first of its kind by any kit manufacturer to reproduce these uneven bulges throughout

If they do it to the level of Airfix's 1:24 Typhoon it will look great!

• 2 months later...

did you see Dambusters tonight ???? :D

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/08/only_flyable_lancaster_bombers_come_together_raf_coningsby/

she's Satin/ semi gloss ( esp around the engine and spinners) with warped panelling and the B17 Texas Raiders looks the same too, i thought mine looked wrong with a pure matt finish.

you might be able to achieve this by wiping her over with an oily rag or polishing the finish with fine wire wool 

Edited by MalX

24 minutes ago, MalX said:

did you see Dambusters tonight ???? :D

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/08/only_flyable_lancaster_bombers_come_together_raf_coningsby/

she's Satin/ semi gloss ( esp around the engine and spinners) with warped panelling and the B17 Texas Raiders looks the same too, i thought mine looked wrong with a pure matt finish.

you might be able to achieve this by wiping her over with an oily rag or polishing the finish with fine wire wool 

Not quite sure what the link is for but you mentioned the dambusters tonight ? and a B17 called Texas Raiders ??

How does that tie in with HK 's 1/32nd Lancaster ??

29 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

Not quite sure what the link is for but you mentioned the dambusters tonight ? and a B17 called Texas Raiders ??

How does that tie in with HK 's 1/32nd Lancaster ??

HI

nothing, i was only commenting on the paint finish 

Later aircraft had a more shiny finish IIRC, early aircraft would of had a matt sheen, they tend to put gloss finishes on restored aircraft presumably because they are easier to keep clean. There are some very good colour photo's of early Lancs that definitely have a matt sheen to them.

• 9 months later...
On 10/12/2016 at 7:20 PM, Mancunian airman said:

Could this possibly be the biggest surprise at this years Telford ??

Crikey, its only been 6 years since they announced its decision . . .  its not to much to ask for you know :tmi:

• Like 1

I started planning a few years ago on the phsycology front. I keep indicating to the missus that it will be part of our lives and I think she’s accepted it now 😂

where the hell it will though I don’t know! If it can be stored with the wings off, it will probably sit in a box and just come to the shows. It will fill a table by itself!

• 2 months later...

Lets hope the coming year brings the best present some of us would wish for despite it being 6 years (?) in the waiting  . . . .

I'm not on FACEBOOK but the first 'photo' (actually a computer image) via internet find, is disturbing as it shows TWO A.S.I. on the front fuselage plus the W/op.'s trailing aerial doesn't face rearwards? . . . ... .. .

Edited by Mancunian airman

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Mancunian airman said:

Is this getting nearer to release ?

Does this mean its eminent ?

https://metrohobbies.com.au/hong-kong-models-1-32-avro-lancaster-mk-iii-deposit-only.html

Hi

I like the phrase :) 

'  it will ship when it is in stock '

a bit open ended :) 

cheers 

jerry

Still only CAD shots which mean nothing to me . When they half promised test shots for late January

I hoped they meant this year ! , `have already got the "Phantom of the Ruhr " decs from KitsWorld

and the brass m/guns from Master , so I hope it`s not the daddy of all wind-ups .

There`s just room on the table , in the spare room ,between the two B17s and B25s , so come on

HK , "digitum extractum" .And please , no more "it`ll be ready when it`s ready ".

• 2 months later...

I am not on Facebook so I was sent this photo of the fuselage and there is already, it seems, that certain aspects are not correct.

One such is the position of the W/ops. window.

As I said I'm not on facebook so there may well be more photos of the whole kit  . . .

41166217564_ec730d517b_z.jpg

41166217674_155e408c22_z.jpg

Hopefully it getting close to release ??

I did also hear that the price is going to be around £275

The position of the W/OPs window is correct ,it just looks a bit too large .Back in `48 some of us Air Cadets had a half hour "flip" in one,

I sat in this position for take-off and landing ,spent the rest of the flight with my head in the astrodome, marvellous !.

• Like 1