Airfix 1/72 Spitfire MK22

MikeyJ

Haven't built a spitfire in years so here's my build of the gorgeous 1/72 scale MK22 from Airfix.

Tailplane flaps and rudder were cut and re-positioned and since the canopy was to be modeled open the cockpit door was cut out too. Cockpit was detailed too but its not evident much in the photo. there is only very subtle weathering done to the exhausts and undercarriage. The fit issue with the nose was solved by trimming the sides of the front cockpit bulkhead a little.

DSCN4858_zpsonjgaxwr.jpg

DSCN4861_zps0wzdvu9e.jpg

• Like 26

Very nice build and scheme.

Lovely build .Funny how camera capture the silver as 'green-y ' in first pic .Radiator in background in second pic looks quite like a hangar wall/ door !

Indeed and I have seen a similar effect in a pic of a real aircraft. Unfortunately it was black and white which led to some discussion as to whether the colour was light grey or nmf.

Thanks for the comments.

Lovely build .Funny how camera capture the silver as 'green-y ' in first pic .Radiator in background in second pic looks quite like a hangar wall/ door !

I've noticed this effect before on flat silver, although i did use a satin finish so maybe probably due to not using the flash and the low angle?