Modelcraft/Frog 1/72 Blackburn Shark with folded wings

Hello All,

Just finished another one, WIP here.

Modelcraft_Frog_Shark_front_port_zpsakog

Modelcraft_Frog_Shark_rear_1_zpsnidr8a0e

Modelcraft_Frog_Shark_rear_2_zpsd83q1d5r

Modelcraft_Frog_Shark_rear_stbd_zpsarest

Modelcraft_Frog_Shark_port_zpsscwfqmdm.j

This was on the shelf of doom for a few years after I realised that the wings were not going to fit in flying position. So I'm glad to get it out somehow, and I had fun on the second leg. It's not the greatest kit in the world but if you want a Shark, that's it!

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 26

Turned out beautiful Adrian great to see an old kit brought right up to modern standard,s and thank's for the inspiration after seeing your

original WIP I was determined to do something similar so just started Matchbox/Revell,s Swordfish(no wing fold mind)

• Like 1

Nice! - but looks differently with folded wings. What was so bad in wings, that you decided to build with folded? I do not see any problem with them...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Thanks chaps!

Nice! - but looks differently with folded wings. What was so bad in wings, that you decided to build with folded? I do not see any problem with them...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Jerzy,

If you look at the rear view you will notice that the top wings are perfectly symmetrical but the lower wings are not (port wing is higher). Also, the port stub wing us at a higher angle of attack than the other. So when I had it in "extended" mode, the top wings lined up but the lower wings didn't line up wit the stub wings. When I stuck it all together a couple of years ago I didn't realise there was this much play in the system. Forewarned is forearmed!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1