1/48 - Mil Mi-17 (Mi-8MT) Hip - by Annetra

172flogger

31 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Does this mean toolings are being made? :)

:)

It does indeed and that's great ! It seems to me the release isn't close though: the EDM phase hasn't happened yet apparently.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some new photos of the first test shoots. The weldlines on strap-on side fuel tanks are made as they should be with raised lines. This is the small fuel tank with 3 braces.

Obviously the real plastic in hands will be interesting and real test of the product but based on these photos it looks like there is a chance for optimism.

X0Sh8fh.jpg

MbWuUSG.jpg

O2AQcsF.jpg

8KX9GGg.jpg

SRcCXhp.jpg

I know what I will be building from it!   B)

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 10

"Nestíhám ani náhodou. na formách je odhadem 2 - 3 měsíce práce + dekály, návod, krabice.
Budu rád když to budu mít po kupě v Mošoni." 

2- 3 months, should be ready for Moson.  

Looking at the sprues we can expect Mi-14 soon, However Mi-8..... don't think so :(((

This is interesting:

"Malá - tedy 1/72 - bude taky. Ale bude vydána jako AMK, ne Annetra. Jen se mě prosím neptejte kdy, protože to ani v nejmenším netuším."

Will we have it also in 1/72? :)

file.php?id=1444898

file.php?id=1444899

Edited by stakor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well i still hope that early mi-8T has a chance. Cowl is separated, so i guess thats a positive thing, Tailrotor can be reversed even with minimal surgery if needed. Not sure if there are other noticeable changes....

The complete engine compartment is given as a separate part. It is not by accident! B)  B)  B)

Annetra is a new player on the market and they will want to see the response to this kit. Based on this there are many options for the future! :winkgrin:  And even more . . .

As to differences between Mi-8 (with TV-2-117 engine) and Mi-17 (as we know it in the West, In Russia it is Mi-8MT with TV-3-117 engine), there are many differences but with a brake down of parts like on this Annetra kit it is possible to make all sorts of different versions. :worthy:  

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Radleigh said:

So very nearly bought the resin 1/48th Mi-8/17 at Telford  . . . 

That Polish kit is excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has some fantastic details. :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  But of course the price is also fantastic.  :crying:

So I had to resist and wait to see if anyone will do one in plastic at an affordable price.

It is not exactly clear why the HB kit did not have the pylons in 72nd, they are permanent feature of the Hip. Except of course the P version, the VIP transport one.

Even if the pylons were not fitted the firm itself was carried, or like in Afganistan often they had just two pylons instead of the normal 3.

Best regards

Gabor

7 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

It is not exactly clear why the HB kit did not have the pylons in 72nd, they are permanent feature of the Hip. Except of course the P version, the VIP transport one.

Even if the pylons were not fitted the firm itself was carried, or like in Afganistan often they had just two pylons instead of the normal 3.

Taking about pylons I don't see any UB-32A-24 or B8W-20 among test frames of Annetra kit....

(Maybe Eduard will make in 48?)

Edited by stakor