1/48 - Lockheed T-33A T-Bird/Shooting Star by Great Wall Hobby - released - new late type boxing

Homebee

Seen at the 55th All Japan Model Hobby Show 2015, (Pit Road stand?) a new variant from the Great Wall Hobby 1/48th Eagle kit, the McDonnell Douglas F-15I "Ra'am" - ref. L4816. Topic here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234989178-55th-all-japan-model-hobby-show/

And behind in the picture... Some T-33 T-Bird/Shooting Star CADs. Next 1/48th GWH kit or family of kits?

To be followed.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1206169876076618.1073741833.275708712456077&type=3

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Yeeees http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?s=ca9084dd661c8cd67f9ab3e6c2760bd3&showtopic=287460&view=findpost&p=2744151

Great Wall Hobby has given me permission to release the following information. For the past couple of years they have been researching and designing a 100% brand new T-33A kit. This kit has nothing to do with any previous kit by any manufacturer in any scale. It is based on completely original research.
These are photos of the first test shot out of the molds (hence the solid grey canopy parts, which will be clear, and thinner than appears here on the final kit). The kit will be done as an "early" and a "late" variant with many of the subtle differences in wheels, panel detail, stores, etc accounted for.
I don't know when the projected release is. The first test shots were in late August, so at least a couple of months I'd guess. I don't have any information on price.
But suffice it to say, every other 1/48 T-33 is now obsolete!

2015_08_31_14_36_01.jpg

2015_08_31_14_36_06.jpg

2015_08_31_14_36_10.jpg

2015_08_31_14_36_14.jpg

2015_08_31_14_36_17.jpg

2015_08_31_14_36_21.jpg

2015_08_31_14_36_26.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

You mean on your side of the Channel?

As continental Europe modellers seem really interested, German, French, Dutch, Belgian, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Portuguese, Greek, Yugoslav, Turkish...

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Glad to see this, was going to get one of Academy/Hobbycraft kits but will wait for this now.

Paul Harrison

Don't get the attraction of this one myself... but I've said the same over every jet trainer that's been released over the past few years so I guess someone buys them (although I don't see many built)

But lets get it out quickly so they can move onto something else (that I might be interested in) :)

You mean on your side of the Channel?

As continental Europe modellers seem really interested, German, French, Dutch, Belgian, Italian, Spanish, Danish, Portuguese, Greek, Yugoslav, Turkish...

V.P.

I'm in Canada, being this is Britmodeller I know there is a blend of nationalities here, but most are Brit.

I concur with you, there should be a lot of excitement in the areas you mention.

Canada flew the T-Bird for a long time so we have a lot of options for decals!

Don't get the attraction of this one myself... but I've said the same over every jet trainer that's been released over the past few years so I guess someone buys them (although I don't see many built)But lets get it out quickly so they can move onto something else (that I might be interested in) :)

A lot of countries flew them for a long period of time and they were much loved.

I understand why Brit modelers wouldn't have an attraction for the type.

More pics at the at the 55th All Japan Model & Hobby Show.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/519867854709332/photos/a.1148942795135165.1073741867.519867854709332/1148944625134982/?type=3&theater

12063688_1148944625134982_29252330257826

See also Hyperscale

http://www.hyperscale.com/2015/reviews/kits/gwht33a48previewjh_1.htm

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

"Même pas peur", he decided to leave the forum ;-)))

Seriously speaking, seeing how GWH handled the 1/48 F-15 case (the retooling episode is something I saw only twice before,Trumpeter's 1/32 Wildcat and Revell's 1/144 Avro RJ engines), it's a clue how serious they are.

I bought the HB s*** at a swap meet 10$ just for detail parts and the fuel tanks but needless to say, this GWH kit will be the way to go.

I'm in Canada, being this is Britmodeller I know there is a blend of nationalities here, but most are Brit.

I concur with you, there should be a lot of excitement in the areas you mention.

Canada flew the T-Bird for a long time so we have a lot of options for decals!

A lot of countries flew them for a long period of time and they were much loved.

I understand why Brit modelers wouldn't have an attraction for the type.

You see I don't understand those comments, I'm very definitely a Brit or at least was the last time I looked (just checked, yup, still a Brit), I'm very pleased to see this kit, I love 50's jets and the T-33 offers a plethora (which is more than just a few) of colour options - I can hear my Aztec decals for a Mexican option calling to me now!

I would prefer it in 1/72nd simply because I've got loads of decal options for the T-33 and I could do far many more in the smaller scale compared to the larger scale.

I'll even get around to doing a Canadian one or two...

EDIT: For speelung

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

I'm with Wez on this.

I'm very much British and really looking forward to it as there are no end of interesting schemes it can be finished in. And although the RAF didn't use any directly there were lots of British pilots who received their training in the US and Canada on them, and then there were the Canadian ones used in the UK and Europe as hacks and trainers on their fighter squadrons.

Craig.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

This looks very nice indeed. I have always wanted to do this one:

http://www.400squadron.ca/aircraft/aircraft---squadron/t33-silver-star-t-bird

414 Squadron Black Knights CT-133. There was a leading edge decal set. I wonder how hard that would be to find now?

http://www.martinsammodels.com/webpage/pages/Models/Reviews/Reveiws/Leading%20edge/T-33/black%20knight/black%20knight.htm

Edit: first links did not work.

Edited by Av8fan

• 1 month later...

I have built the HC kit and enjoyed it, adding ( I think) a True Details cockpit, but also have another in the stash with a Fox 3 resin replacement fuselage and detail set. Was planning on building as a Counter Insurgency aircraft. I never got around to starting it , the resin fuselage being very nice but without any panel lines so the thought of scribing kept putting me off. That's possibly going to donate some resin bang seats and detail parts to this GWH release. Just seems to be more and more kits being released that are genuinely better or as good but easier to build than the ones that have been in my stash for the last few years and saved for the build "in the future". Recent examples, the Pilot Replicas Tunnan - easier than Neomega resin kit, Airfix Hurricane - nicer than the Hasegawa, still to come, the RS models Caudron 714 ( surely HAS to be better than the Battle Axe kit?), and now this T33. Not a moan - we've never had it so good and since I'm fortunate to be poorer in time than cash at the moment I can replace the old with new. Shame I built my CA Defiant and Meteor just before Airfix announced theirs.

• 2 weeks later...