Japanese 'Trainer' Orange

dpm1did1

As I have 3 Japanese trainers in the stash I may as well tackle one as a practice run once I return to the fold properly. However I will need the correct paint (or near enough as I can make it factory fresh or faded).

Emptying boxes I found I have Revell #30 but am unsure about it's suitability. Is it passable or is there a Humbrol or Tamiya option as ideally I don't want to get into mixing %s or special ordering (preferably available in Antics)

I know the it's been discussed before as I've read similar requests at least once, but as usual Murphy's law says if I want a specific thread I won't be able to find it...

Even delving elsewhere on the webosphere simply brings up mixes, technical specs etc as opposed to a simple 'use paint X'

Thx in advance.

- or alternative schemes for a Dinah trainer is another option (the Willow is much easier!)

Hopefully Nick Millman will be along shortly with more detail, but be prepared to find that "Japanese Training Orange" is really yellow. As shown on the Fujimi Ki.55 Ida, IIRC.

I do remember reading it was technically a yellow but failing to chase down the right thread meant do it the hard way.

The final result can happily be one of multiple related shades that I will simply blame on age and wear and Japanese paints (esp late war) having a poor reputaion for changing and/pealing hence why I'm not too fussed about 100% accuracy (and luckily theres no one here to correct me:))

Sometimes 'close' is close enough.

Hopefully Nick Millman will be along shortly with more detail, but be prepared to find that "Japanese Training Orange" is really yellow. As shown on the Fujimi Ki.55 Ida, IIRC.

The oracle has already spoken:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/66239-japanese-trainerexperimental-orange-suggested-mixes/?hl=%2Bjapanese+%2Btrainer+%2Byellow#entry1173156

Cleared my cache and restarted the tech and finally I got decent search results...and guess which thread popped straight up :)

Unfortunately it still comes down to either a 'mix & match' or 'not in my local shop' paint ranges.

...thank goodness I love a challenge...:)

(haven't actually opened the revell orange but I suspect it will be far to red)

Edited by dpm1did1