Takom Chieftain MK10 first look

Dads203

Clayton's doing the Mk.10. I've just finished writing up the in-box review for the Mk.5 which should be up on Modelling News in the next few days. They really are very nice kits. You get options for the Berlin camo with both the Mk.5 and 10 which is nice, otherwise the 5 is mainly made up of Iranian options.

Andy

Now that's annoying as I fancied doing a plain green british Mk5 ...

You do get a BATUS scheme in sand/green camo and, at a push, I guess you could leave off the exercise id decals and paint it in regular camo. I'm sure someone like star decals will produce something suitable too.

Andy

• Like 1

You do get a BATUS scheme in sand/green camo and, at a push, I guess you could leave off the exercise id decals and paint it in regular camo. I'm sure someone like star decals will produce something suitable too.

Andy

Thanx for the info Andy, that's what I'll probaby end up doing. Don't fancy shelling out more dosh for the decals on, what is already, a kit that breaks my spending limit...

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

• 2 weeks later...

The Mk 11 has 5 different marking options, 3 Batus and two BAOR One is plain green the other (1RTR) is green and black. The decal sheet includes both union jacks and scottish flags if you want to use them, the 1 RTR BAOR scheme should have a union flag on the left front mudguard. No Chinese eyes as they hadn't yet amalgamated with 4 RTR.

The kit builds beautifully and is very detailed as fore the lower hull as far as Im concerned the lower hull shape is correct.

As for the Meng kit well looks like they suddenly decided to bring it out to spoil Takoms sales no love lots between the two companies they had the info they needed to produce one in 2012 and did nothing.

• 1 year later...