Revell Boeing 747-8F Cargolux.

Nice build. Sorry to hear about the reason you have all the extra time though.

( Where do you display these huge birds - I ask looking for inspirational ideas? )

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

I started building about 5 years ago, my 11 year old son loves anything to do with planes, I build them for him, I then put them up here. The early models are a bit dodgy but the later ones are a bit better lol.

There's 37 up there at present everything from a Vulcan, Tornado right through the to an Antonov (an early dodgy one). Also one of my favourites a Boeing 767 in Hawaiian decals.

My sons room

image_13.jpeg

Edited by Dunter1969
  • Like 6

Very nice, how do get a such a nice glossy finish?

A couple of coats of Halfords plastic white undercoat, followed by several coats of Halfords Appliance white.

You might laugh at this, but my technique is I spray the white just until the point it's about to run I then take hold of an unpainted section I then swing the plane about so the paint settles and doesn't run. It's worked for me so far.

• Like 1

A smashing end result - its good to see this kit built so well

I wish I had managed to see a real 747-800 in the skies over my home by now but it remains one of the few civil types I have yet to spot for real.

Love your collection too by the way

• Like 1

Very nice rendition indeed. Although the real aircraft is slightly off white, your version looks a lot better than mine where I went too grey. I wished I had gone a lot lighter. Love the holding pattern on the ceiling looks very cool!

Bob

• Like 1

A smashing end result - its good to see this kit built so well

I wish I had managed to see a real 747-800 in the skies over my home by now but it remains one of the few civil types I have yet to spot for real.

Love your collection too by the way

Don't know if I can put a video on here, but I took a video a couple of months ago landing straight over my head, very impressive.

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old topic, but i just recently bought one that had some damage. The tip of the tail was broken off and was bent. Also, the right stabilizer was bent. Did you have any damage to yours?