Battle of Britain Anniversary Air Show Duxford 190915

Alpha Delta 210

OMG those are great, I was in the Uk a year ago today but missed the Duxford date. I'd have happily traded a left whatsit to have been at this years show ( & some other of the BoB events) On a more prosaic level, the shot with the 4 biplanes, I've got a Stearman, a Bucker ( I think) & a Tigermoth but struggling on the yellow one. A Stampe?

Steve.

• Like 1

Just had a group of 5 come over my house (well about an hour ago at 13:00), dunno where they were going, they were headed London way-ish, but weren't in the flypast group I saw on the BBC programme this lunchtime, looked exactly like this group in your pic below Alpha Detla 210. My mother goes, "are they radial engines?"... :doh:

DSC_8169_zpsj8cwpx9e.jpg

BTW what mark is the clipped wing Spit?

Edited by Raven Morpheus
  • Like 2

It was probably the flypast formation which overflew Westminster Abbey following the Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary service.

The clipped wing Spit with the bubble canopy is a Mk.XVI.

All of these aircraft fly with the RAF`s BBMF,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

It was probably the flypast formation which overflew Westminster Abbey following the Battle of Britain 75th Anniversary service.

Nah, I watched that flypast on TV and the clipped wing Spit wasn't there, unless the BBC's camera crew didn't pick up that particular group (wouldn't surprise me).

• Like 1

Lovely photos! Thanks for sharing.

:thumbsup:

I particularly like the Hurricanes with the Blenheim and the camo Typhoon!

Steve

Hi Steve. Thanks for the kind words. My favourite display was the Blenheim and the Hurricanes.

Cracking collection of photo's.Thank's for posting.

Thanks Steve. I'm pleased you liked the pictures.

Great photos,...thanks for sharing and I hope you had a good day,......it certainly looks like you did!

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony. In my opinion, it was one of the best shows at Duxford for a long time. Glad you liked the pictures.

Looks like a dreadful day out......I'm not jealous.

Great pictures , thank you for sharing.

You're right, it was a dreadful day out! :winkgrin:

I'm pleased you enjoyed the pictures, even though you couldn't be there.

great photo's

Thanks Mick. I'm pleased you liked them.

OMG those are great, I was in the Uk a year ago today but missed the Duxford date. I'd have happily traded a left whatsit to have been at this years show ( & some other of the BoB events) On a more prosaic level, the shot with the 4 biplanes, I've got a Stearman, a Bucker ( I think) & a Tigermoth but struggling on the yellow one. A Stampe?

Steve.

Hi Steve. Thanks for the kind words. Shame you didn't make it to a Duxford show when you were over. The yellow biplane is indeed a Stampe SV.4.

Great photos, I knew I should have got tickets! Great to see shuttleworths sea hurricane back at Duxford, wasn't there the previous two flying legends shows.

Thanks Blitz23. What a difference the weather makes! The Sea Hurricane is probably my favourite warbird and I was thrilled to see it on formation with the other Hurricanes and the Blenheim.

Smashing photos, especially the last one.

Thanks mate. In my opinion, the picture just had to be in black and white!

Just had a group of 5 come over my house (well about an hour ago at 13:00), dunno where they were going, they were headed London way-ish, but weren't in the flypast group I saw on the BBC programme this lunchtime, looked exactly like this group in your pic below Alpha Detla 210. My mother goes, "are they radial engines?"... :doh:

BTW what mark is the clipped wing Spit?

Glad you liked the pictures, and they gave you the chance to educate your Mother! :winkgrin:

That last picture really raises the goosebumps doesn't it?

I really wished I'd been able to go....

I shall watch 'The Battle of Britain' to console myself

It was an amazing sight (and sound). Thanks for taking the time to comment.

• Like 3

OMG Alpha Delta 210..

I am all a blubber looking at those STUNNING shots...They are all GORGEOUS.. :heart: :heart::heart:

....And MY favourite is the last one in black and white of all the aircrafts....the formation is to die for..

Thank you for such BEAUTIFUL photographs. :worthy::worthy: :worthy:

• Like 1

OMG Alpha Delta 210..

I am all a blubber looking at those STUNNING shots...They are all GORGEOUS.. :heart: :heart::heart:

....And MY favourite is the last one in black and white of all the aircrafts....the formation is to die for..

Thank you for such BEAUTIFUL photographs. :worthy::worthy: :worthy:

Hi Houston. Thanks for the kind words. I am a closet Hurricane fan, so the Blenheim with the Hurricanes was my favourte display, but the Spitfire/Seafire formation was very special.

Simply stunning pics as always AD thanks for sharing

Saturdays set piece Spitfire's was simply jaw dropping & along with the Sunday Chinook display will live long in my memory :wow:

Thanks very much mate. I'm pleased you enjoyed the shows. Im my opinion, this was one of the best Duxford shows for a very long time. (Don't agree with advance ticketing though!)

A lovely set of images. The massed formation of Spitfires is superb and in black and white is very atmospheric. Good job all round and thanks for sharing.

Thanks very much, Latinbear. the massed formation just had to be in black and white! Glad you liked it.

It was a fab show. I coughed up for the Silver enclosure tickets for me and Caroline, and it was a good move. A really nice location, good view and excellent loos :)

Seeing all those Spits and Hurris really got a lump in the throat, and on Sunday after a lovely evening in Cambridge we visited the Madingley US war cemetery, whichseemed apt and fitting, and was truly moving.

My camera doesnt do in fllght shots ( I so need a bigger lens), and Alpha D - yours are stunning.

For me though this pic sums up the spirit of the show- it could be September 1940 or 2015.

"Early Morning on the Flightline"

P1060665%20-%20Version%202_zpstls6pw20.j

Jonners

• Like 5

It was a fab show. I coughed up for the Silver enclosure tickets for me and Caroline, and it was a good move. A really nice location, good view and excellent loos :)

Seeing all those Spits and Hurris really got a lump in the throat, and on Sunday after a lovely evening in Cambridge we visited the Madingley US war cemetery, whichseemed apt and fitting, and was truly moving.

My camera doesnt do in fllght shots ( I so need a bigger lens), and Alpha D - yours are stunning.

For me though this pic sums up the spirit of the show- it could be September 1940 or 2015.

"Early Morning on the Flightline"

Jonners

It was indeed a wonderful show and I like your Spit in the mist. Thanks for the kind words about my pictures.

Looks like a great show!

In my opinion, it was one of the best Duxford shows for a while.