Airfix 1/48th Hurricane Mk.I, 601 Sqn, Battle of Britain.

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

I`ve Finally finished my 601 Sqn Hurricane Mk.I, using the new Airfix kit, Xtradecal decals and it was brush painted using Humbrol enamels and Polly Scale Acrylics, here is the build thread over on the B of B Group Build http://www.britmodel...er-almost-done/ and here is the model ;

DSCF6228_zpsvpnzl1oj.jpg

DSCF6226_zps9txp3mly.jpg

DSCF6219_zpsflreyope.jpg

DSCF6220_zpslrduhd8l.jpg

DSCF6224_zpsma4ffzxc.jpg

DSCF6217_zpsf77bfttw.jpg

The rear view mirror was scratch built from plastic card and the bead sight on the upper cowling was a piece of guitar wire,.

cheers

Tony

• Like 33

Thanks again everybody,

Glad you like the scheme and the brushwork, the spinner is a bit raggedy but the original doesn`t look exactly straight either. I hate painting rings onto spinners.

Cheers

Tony

Cheers again lads,

I really appreciate your kind words.

Keith- Good luck with the Revell/GMR model,......just remember to cut slightly out from the cut lines and then test fit the nose then sand the model down gradually until it fits. That way you`ll achieve a nice clean join hopefully. The updates from GMR really do help lift the model up into the 21st Century, ....but as soon as you`ve finished a modern all singing and all dancing 32nd scale Hurrii will turn up,..you mark my words,...it usually happens,...just ask Woody!

All the best,

Tony

Tony,

That is one stunning model Hurricane!

How well does this Airfix kit go together?

Regards

Dave

Hiya Dave,

thanks mate,......it goes together really well and the only part which needs any care is the area where the wing leading edges meet the nose,....but even this is comparatively easy........it is a beautiful kit. If you are opening up the gun bays then just follow the instructions but some of the guns appear to be mis numbered so I just lined up the ejector ring chute with the ejector holes moulded into the underside of the wing. Also.....it is easier to insert the landing lights into place before the wing halves are joined as otherwise they don`t fit and they are a struggle to get in afterwards,....guess how I know that!

Cheers

Tony

Tony