Takom Mk. A Whippet

Mk. A Whippet

Takom 1/35

I've just finished this, Takom's new Whippet. It's finished as A322, one of the Whippets supplied to the White army during the Russian civil war, then captured by the Reds in 1920 and put into service with the 1st Tank Detachment in Ekaterinodar, before seeing action against Polish positions at Stolpshch.

It's a lovely kit with very nice surface detail and great parts fit. No interior which is a shame as the rear door can be posed open. It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Meng version when it's released. I suspect the Meng one might have the edge and might well be slightly cheaper.

21406913276_7df404e6d6_b.jpg

20812068973_bf9b9fddc0_b.jpg

21245310578_09c3f50a6c_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy

Edited by AndyRM101
  • Like 30

Beautifully done again Andy, and a welcome update to the old Emhar kit, although I still enjoyed wrestling with it. Love the build and painting logs you gave us access to. :goodjob::thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing

Brian

• Like 1

Saw this on TMN and was impressed them, double impressed now!just started dabbling with armour for first time in 20years this gives me something to aim for (fingers very crossed!)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone

Meng kit is nearly half the price of the Takom kit

Meng always seem to be cheaper than their rivals. I wish Trumpeter would get closer to Meng's prices. Some of their newer stuff is just too expensive for what you get

Andy