Somewhere near Villers Bocage. Now Photobucket-free.

Badder

Café Bleu sign has been replaced and all the errors and bits I am not happy with have been removed. The improvements will be shown in the Retro-WIP of the same name as this thread.

TFL

Badder

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Carry on Regardless diorama is now finished and RFI, so I am going to crack on with the upgrading of this one.

Will post in WIP until done.

Watch this space.

TFL

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

I've decided to completely rework the front section of the diorama and have ripped everything off almost down to ground level. All that's left is a pile of rubble and a flat area where the wall and seat were. I will be making destroyed buildings here instead, with just partial outer walls standing.

TFL

Badder

• Like 1

Badder,

HELL YEAH !! :yikes: :heart:

Just seen the first pages of your vignette and I must say that each piece of work is not only EXEMPLARY

but quite evocative. Every detail is quite meticulous and well thought out; the trees, debris, the damages signage et al is SUPERB.

Even the soldiers. figures are STUNNING ..if you change the soldiers for those shown above, your vignette wills till look

OUTSTANDING..

I LOVED seeing it and its ADMIRABLE work Sir.

I look forward to more pictures once you exchange the soldier figures. :worthy:

BRAVO... :mike::mike:

• Like 1

Badder,

HELL YEAH !! :yikes: :heart:

Just seen the first pages of your vignette and I must say that each piece of work is not only EXEMPLARY

but quite evocative. Every detail is quite meticulous and well thought out; the trees, debris, the damages signage et al is SUPERB.

Even the soldiers. figures are STUNNING ..if you change the soldiers for those shown above, your vignette wills till look

OUTSTANDING..

I LOVED seeing it and its ADMIRABLE work Sir.

I look forward to more pictures once you exchange the soldier figures. :worthy:

BRAVO... :mike::mike:

Thanks Houston,

As I said, there will be big changes to this dio. I hope you like all of them!

Rearguards,

Badder

• 2 weeks later...

every dio tells a story ... love this with the boots..i so impressed by the dio, especially the ivy -couldyoushare how it was made/sourced.

keep up the good work.

Thanks Jeggles.

This dio no longer exists as pictured. I'm 'uprading it', rebuilding the café and the entire front of the dio and progress can be followed in the WIP section. The 'ivy' is made from natural sources. They are made from parts of a Silver Birch tree's 'catkins' collected late last summer. If you can get hold of the catkins, you pull them apart and you'll get a pile of seeds and also a pile of 'seed dividers' which keep the seeds separated. It's the seed dividers that are used as ivy leaves. I believe you can also buy them on line if you don't have Silver Birch in your neighbourhood.

Rearguards,

Badder

• 2 months later...

Nearing the end of my Nashorn build, I will soon be embarking on my first ever GB. It's the Vignette GB. I had no idea what I was going to make until about half an hour ago. I realised that I could kill two birds with one stone and make a vignette which at a later date can be 'cut and pasted' into THIS diorama!

So, whilst work on this diorama has paused, it will advance dramatically once my vignette is finished.

Watch this space.

Badder.

Edited by Badder

26 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

:yahoo::popcorn:....

Hi Vince, don't spill your popcorn!

Well, I'm making a tree for the Vignette GB next weekend, so I'll make one for this dio too while I'm at it!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

Every good diorama should tell a story or capture a moment in time,yours seems to do both,I have enjoyed looking at your work, even though it makes feel I should give up this hobby leave it to the professionals.Badder you are one of the professionals. Thanks for sharing,I am off to take up crochet.:mike:

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 10:21 PM, celt said:

Every good diorama should tell a story or capture a moment in time,yours seems to do both,I have enjoyed looking at your work, even though it makes feel I should give up this hobby leave it to the professionals.Badder you are one of the professionals. Thanks for sharing,I am off to take up crochet.:mike:

Thanks Celt, that's very kind of you, but  believe me I class myself as a beginner! IMHO, the Tiger is awful, the figures are below average and also wearing the wrong uniforms for the period depicted. .This was my first model and dio for 35yrs, and while I thought I'd done a fairly good job at the time, I have improved my model-making and now see all the faults with it. That's why I'm rebuilding it .I have learned a lot from watching others work on BM and have improved and will continue to improve. I expect in 5yrs I will see all the faults with the replacement diorama too!

So, don't take up crochet. It's very tedious. Stick with model-making and like me accept that there will be some disasters along the way, but it's all part of learning/improving.

Rearguards

Badder

• Like 2

Hi Badder, there is no way you can class yourself as a beginner,the dio was amazing,so what if the uniform is the wrong period,it does not matter,only an anorak would know that and as for the Tiger it looks fine to me.All good dioramas tell a story or capture a moment in time and convey that to the viewer,yours does both brilliantly.:worthy:As for my crochet idea,my wife wont let me as{in her words} the needles are too sharp for me.:( So its stuck with making a mess of perfectly good kits.

• Like 2

This is my favourite photo of the diorama. It was taken before the diorama was finished, but I like the lighting and the 'realism'.

I am posting this because I spent a good few hours replacing all of the lost images and came across this one on an old memory stick. I think it deserves an airing.

182821vb17.jpg

TFL

Badder

• Like 2

Excellent dio – not one square inch wasted or without interest.

Looks like Photoblackhole did me a favour, I wouldn't have seen your earlier work otherwise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gorby said:

Excellent dio – not one square inch wasted or without interest.

Looks like Photoblackhole did me a favour, I wouldn't have seen your earlier work otherwise.

It's a shame that the photos no longer pair up with the comments and replies. It would take much too long to get everything back to how it was. I've had to delete some of my text here and there because it no longer makes any sense. Still, I couldn't just abandon the thread and leave it photoless.

I'm glad you like it, but as I said the diorama no longer exists. I've removed most of the scenery and will be re-building it at some point in the future.

Rearguards,

Badder