Buccaneer S.2B (low level again....)

bobsyouruncle

...but this time he's just holding her low after take off.

I've put this one up because Keefr22 asked if I'd got any more pictures.

I thought I might have posted this one here before but searching back I can't seem to find it so here it is anyway.

I live near Woodford and wanted to use the backdrop looking towards the hills of the peak district.

Buccaneers came here for an avionics upgrade (ASR 1012) in the 1980s and so this was my excuse for this composition.

gXb96z.jpg

Cheers, Bob.

• Like 26

Absolutely fantastic! Many thanks for posting Bob, that's made my day!

Inspirational work, I really need to dust off my pencils & paints & start painting again - even though I know I'll never reach your standard - which is really exceptional!

Beautiful painting again

keith

Having been lucky enough to see them fly when I was younger that captures exactly the memories I have of them. Going down the runway and he wheels go up before they rotate then just stay going flat.

I have never seen any aircraft fly so decidedly straight flat and precise as a Buccaneer and boy do I miss them.

Edited by robvulcan

Another fantastic painting,......you really are a talented bloke and I hope that you make a living from art as you are well up there with the best in the business and better than most!

I love everything about the painting, subject, backdrop and weather,.........you can tell that it is Woodford not just by the hills but by the spray,.....everytime I went there it was pouring down!

Cheers

Tony

The classic Buccaneer take off where you simply raise the gear when you achieve flying speed, that's as good as any aviation art I've seen - including some that's hanging on my walls in frames.

Edited by Richard E

Wonderful painting. Whilst it is only a ground run at high speed you can certainly see some water dispersion Buccaneer/Spey style here.

http://thebuccaneeraviationgroup.com/BuccaneerWebTest/Buccaneer_ColdWarAug12/Entries/2012/8/25_A_lesson_in_water_dispersion_-_Buccaneer_style.html

I stopped videoing just before I got a little wet.