Revell 1:32 Hawker Hunter F6 - Fighter School 1960

Afternoon folks

Ok so my current obsession with the Hunter continues and this time it is the Hunter F6 of Fighter School 1960. A gentleman on Facebook very kindly sent me some of the photo's he had taken of these machines in 1963 when he was on DFCS at Binbrook when the unit left West Raynham.

It is my second 1:32 Hunter - the first being the FGA9 of the current Revell boxing and I did this in the RAF Brawdy scheme of red spine and fin so the two together look great - some photos of the two below.

This one is OOB except the pilot who is a PJ Productions figure. Upper sides are Mr Color paints and the underside is Halfords Aluminum post shaded with various Alclad shades.

Pleased to say I have another F6 and FGA9 to build! May be Black Arrows for the former.

I hope you like it

Chris

Megan_(3_of_12).jpgMegan_(2_of_12).jpgMegan_(4_of_12).jpgMegan_(6_of_12).jpgMegan_(10_of_12).jpg

Edited by Skyhunter66
re-link the photos
  • Like 28

Just one word: fantastic!

Lovely builds of one of my favorite jets.

Can you tell me which Mr. Color colors you used for the camo?

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael

Thanks for your kind comments and the colours I used were:

Mr Color 335 Medium Sea gray

Mr Color 330 Dark Green

Mr Color 332 Light Aircraft Grey

Regards

Chris

thank you all for your kind comments - need to think of a good scheme for my next FGA9!

regards

chris

Hi Michael

Thanks for your kind comments and the colours I used were:

Mr Color 335 Medium Sea gray

Mr Color 330 Dark Green

Mr Color 332 Light Aircraft Grey

Regards

Chris

thank you all for your kind comments - need to think of a good scheme for my next FGA9!

regards

chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot.

I am looking forward to see your next Hunter!

Cheers,

Michael

wow....menacing looking Hunters, aren't they. I will never stop admiring the beautiful lines of this particular Hawker design especially in flight. The last time I saw, was a flight of three which belonged to the Republic of Singapore Air Force just before they were taken out of service.Impressive machines, one of aviation's best!