1/8 scale BTF DeLorean: Now available.

roymattblack

1st package arrived today in a sturdy card box - better than the plastic bags DeAg use.

3 issues to begin, then 4 per month from now.

The parts are identical to the test run except it seems that Eaglemoss have removed the 'Mr Fusion' reactor bits from early in the run but it pops up later on.

Also, a few rear light parts are missing from pack 1, but are in pack 2.

So - the same parts but packaged differently.

The mags are also updated to reflect the different parts in each build.

All in all, the same as the test run.

The quality of the parts does look extremely good so far.

The wheel is amazing.

Also got my first few parts last week. Very impressed so far. I use to build 1/24 scale tamiya cars in my teens and it's inspired time to do a few again along side the Delorean. Hopefully I've still got the patience !

First set of parts arrived Monday and yes all seem to be a good quality.

No box though, just in a plastic bag!

All parts in their clear packages so well protected.

ALSO I have just noticed that I have been billed for my next 4 issues.

Does this mean we will be well ahead of the newsagents?

Or will the "every 28 day" rule start I wonder. (Taking into account when you subscription started)

Hopefully I can expect another batch of parts in the next week or so!

Setup my direct debit (4th Jan), had an email to say thank you, and my subscription will start with Issue 1, great I thought, can not wait.

A week later had an email outlining the payment days plus when the four issues a month will be despatched, still great.

Today (23rd Jan) had another email saying issues 4-7 will be with me in five working days, great.

But where are issues 1-3?

Emailed Eaglemoss to ask where the missing three issues are.

They tell me I have not ordered the first three issues but would I like to buy them.

Wait a minute... their first email and my bank account says I have paid for them already.

Anyone else having the same or a similar problem?

Always steered clear of part builds because of this sort of problem, issues missing, parts in the issues not present, so on and so forth.

Thought this company would be different.

Lets see what the next email says....

Cheers

Richard

Also had dispatch e-mail yesterday.

Stated issues 1 to 7 on their way and expect up to 5-7 days before arrival.

However already have 1 to 3 as per my above post.

Postie just delivered issues 4 to 7!!

In a box this time and from issue 5 there is no card backing to the pastic packaging.

SO up to date and guess well ahead of the newsagents!

A quick question.

I have read and seen that the frame is actually grey.

Are there any builders considering changing the colour??

Edited by Triple Valve
added question

Have not heard back from Eaglemoss ref the missing issues 1-4, give them another day then I will email again.

However, got home to find a box, not very securely packaged I might add, opening said package, I find this:

fullsizerender-2.jpg

Looks like my subscription to the "STAR TREK, THE GRAPHIC NOVEL COLLECTION" has started...

Not sure about that, thought I'd signed up for the Delorean....

Then to my surprise/joy, I find this little lot..

fullsizerender-4.jpg

And these..

fullsizerender-3.jpg

The kit parts look really good, look forward to building this, if I can only get issues 1-4.

Heres hoping.

Yep nicely made so far however a few things to look out for.

The Mr Fusion does not fit together very well and there are screw holes visible on one side.

I know this is a model but I find the coil-spring is quite strong against the relatively small screws.

Beware that the black paint may need removing from some of the screw holes.

Next issues:-

Issue 8 anti-roll bar etc.

Issue 9 Front wheel.

Edited by Triple Valve

Update: Good news, had an email to say they had a problem with their database, all sorted now, & they have dispatched (post haste) the missing issues.

I have already ordered these as back issues, as I didn't want to miss an issue, but never mind.

Have to return one of the sets of issues to them, at my expense of course, but at least I will have a complete set of issues 1-7.

• Like 1

Got my issues 4-7 yesterday. One thing I'd say is don't try to tighten the screws on the suspension so the parts pull up tight. May snap a screw and/or have no suspension travel. 

Re the mr fusion I think I may glue the clear parts or they may end up falling off as they're really quite a loose fit. Think of using some Krystal klear? 

Have made a start on the 7 issues I have, fit pretty good, paint work on some pieces pretty poor, nothing a modeller can not fix.

Plenty of extra screws supplied, would have liked additional springs, have lost a spring for the Mr Fusion latch, will see if they can send out a spare.

Magazine is pretty good as well, full of good insight to the films and the car.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Justin.. said:

They may send a replacement, I trashed my screwdriver on one screw. I emailed them and they sending a replacement for free. 

Cheers,

Will give it a go, let you know if they do.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Has any one had any problems receiving issues?

I have only had issues 1-7, but have paid for issues 8-15.

Contacted Eagle Moss and they say there is a 21 day delay from payment to dispatch, has anyone else had this?

If this is the case I should have got at least issues 8-11.

Let me know.

Cheers

Richard 

Update on the missing issues saga.

Managed to get answer from Eagle Moss, yes it takes 21 days from payment for the issues to arrive, must say they only take a day to answer my emails, but do not offer much information, so many emails later I have the answer.

My missing issues are missing, they had a problem with their systems again, so I'm hoping to get issues 8-15 by the end of the month, as per there 21 day delivery times.

Will let you know when I get them.

Cheers

Richard