Box Art

Head in the clouds.

After looking at Bobsyourucle's Lightning F6 at low level a comment on that topic got me thinking, (steady boy!), box art can be very dramatic and well presented so does anyone save the box art from thier empty boxes, I keep thinking about putting them into a folder just to look back on them, or is that just being too wierd ?

Cheers.

Gary.

I see no problem with that idea, a) you still get to enjoy the artwork, B) it will make a nice little archive- I often try to think of how many models I built over over the years and didn't give the artwork a thought- some not all I wished I'd kept.

I do wish that manufacturers would consider releasing the painted box art as prints. My first choice would be for the 616 Sqn Airfix Meteor 3 from the 1970's, closely followed by their B17 "a bit o' lace".

So go ahead, enjoy :-) :-)

Adrian

Guilty ;-)

I've kept many of them, some for reference, some for pleasure. Unfortunately Revell and Airifx are ruining the game by having parts of the aircraft pop out of the frame

Trim it and the whole picture is unbalaced, keep the whole plane and obtrusive info (Revell) or dirty great logos (Airfix) distract from the art. I hate it rant rant rant blah blah.

I like the old Airfix and Matchbox box art a lot but I don't keep any for the simple reason of, how often would I look at them?

Empty boxes can fetch money on ebay.

Airfix have released items with examples of their old artwork on them, and there is an Airfix book.

After looking at Bobsyourucle's Lightning F6 at low level a comment on that topic got me thinking, (steady boy!), box art can be very dramatic and well presented so does anyone save the box art from thier empty boxes, I keep thinking about putting them into a folder just to look back on them, or is that just being too wierd ?

Cheers.

Gary.

Actually I was doing that first time in the hobby. The reason was to keep a record of all of the models I built, box art both good and bad went into it.