Heller 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant

kpnuts

You should have seen the reaction (wish I photographed it) I was near binning it (honestly) the paint job is still cra@ I'm sure yours will be perfect, like the rest of your build, you are such a talented artists.

You should have seen the reaction (wish I photographed it) I was near binning it (honestly) the paint job is still cra@ I'm sure yours will be perfect, like the rest of your build, you are such a talented artists.

LOL...but I'm still fa*nying around on page 1 of the instructions! :)

Hi all I was checking some of the pictures, one advantage of that is looking at pictures of things 2 and sometimes 3 times bigger than the actual thing you see faults you wouldnt see on the actual item, like for instance a lot of the flat areas of rust are, just that flat, no blistering and no reason to be rust coloured, so I,ve fixed that and dulled the doors and bodywork down and started blending panels and adding general grime (I must say I'm quite pleased with the results so far) if things carry on like this I think the finished thing will look quite realistic (of course having said that I will no probably go and ruin it)

09nO6Bf.jpg

W0eG5QU.jpg

AxrI2Ub.jpg

hqlHlZ5.jpg

YI3aHjS.jpg

KyRsjLC.jpg

KwDMuPo.jpg

HgAVPH1.jpg

1UxjWlL.jpg

Adx3C0y.jpg

6iAadIt.jpg

does anyone know how to dull down and dirty the windows and windscreen? all tip welcome.

Hi all I was checking some of the pictures, one advantage of that is looking at pictures of things 2 and sometimes 3 times bigger than the actual thing you see faults you wouldnt see on the actual item, like for instance a lot of the flat areas of rust are, just that flat, no blistering and no reason to be rust coloured, so I,ve fixed that and dulled the doors and bodywork down and started blending panels and adding general grime (I must say I'm quite pleased with the results so far) if things carry on like this I think the finished thing will look quite realistic (of course having said that I will no probably go and ruin it)
09nO6Bf.jpg
W0eG5QU.jpg
AxrI2Ub.jpg
hqlHlZ5.jpg
YI3aHjS.jpg
KyRsjLC.jpg
KwDMuPo.jpg
HgAVPH1.jpg
1UxjWlL.jpg
Adx3C0y.jpg
6iAadIt.jpg
does anyone know how to dull down and dirty the windows and windscreen? all tip welcome.

Quite agree about close-ups showing up things you hadn't noticed with the naked eye. My eyesight is not good and wear varifocals which doesn't help with finer detail and often see things I've missed when I look at pics taken with my camera's macro setting.

Good to know you're back on the job, it's really beginning to take shape now :)

My original idea was to build it in a barn or yard with a tree growing out of it as a derelict find. But someone gave me a great idea of having it being readied for a raid by the French resistance (you know being loaded with molotov cocktails and such) so I thought I would combine the two, sort of just running jalopy (all they could find and expendable) hence its present condition.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have a clue how to do a video but I did post an easy rust topic, you need to get little andi to do an engine weathering tutorial, that is pure genius.

• Like 1

Hi all well I'm sure you must be getting bored of this by now (I know you're all so polite you wont say so) so I'll take advantage of your good nature and continue the onslaught.

XJg70Ys.jpg

iZ3laQh.jpg

rfNHLZv.jpg

2lNLZnC.jpg

sQZKGiW.jpg

jFRc7sm.jpg

yEzWAze.jpg

MHZyq7d.jpg

• Like 1

got the idea off someone cut two bits of masking tape the shape the wipers will make stick them where the wipers go then mist with very diluted paint, I know it's fairly crude but it's my first go at

• Like 1