Lou's 1/48 Scale Collection

I have no specific theme to my collection.

I photographed this Canadian Forces 410 Sqn CT-133 (T-33) around 1978 as it visited Goose Bay, NL. I am told the dayglo orange would have originated from the Canadian Navy Squadron VU-32 or VU-33 based in Shearwater, NS. The model is Academy and paints are either Tamiya or Model Master and decals are a combination of spares box and some home made ones.

CT-133%20410%20Sqn%201978_zpspxbxx91e.jp

Lou

• Like 10

Hello,Lastvautour - Here's another treat! Back again in the Aircraft Factory for a look at your splendid looking build of the 'T33'.I love the quality of the finish and the chosen scheme.The daylglo really gives it the wow factor too!All the very best,Paul.

The other T-33 Silver Star in my 1/48 scale is this RCAF 432 Squadron built in 199?. The Academy model is hand painted with Model Master and Testor enamels. Arrow Graphics supplied the decals that I had in my spares box since the early 1970s. An attempt to find those decals on line failed as I believe they are no longer carried by Arrow Graphics.

Lou

T-33%20432%20Sqn_zps9ek4zbgd.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually saw a G-91 while serving in Italy. I was surprised to see how much smaller it was compared to an F-86.This is the ESCI kit purchased during the early 80s. It is built straight out of the box with kit decals.

Lou

G-91_zpsblojsofw.jpg

• Like 1

During winter 1978 several A-4KU transitioned through on their way to Kuwait. This represents one such Skyhawk. Although we had been told to fill the drop tanks via over wing refueling, a quick look at the A-4 schematics revealed that if some switches were so positioned and the drop tank caps open, it was indeed possible to pressure fuel the entire aircraft. I was under the mistaken assumption that the drop tanks would have shut off valves when full. Needless to say, once the fuel spill was cleaned up, I never attempted that again. The kit is monogram with spare box decals. Testor paint recreates the Kuwaiti camouflage scheme of the day.

A-4KU%201978_zpswwkugcwb.jpg

The A-4M from the UCMC is a Hobby Craft Canada kit built straight from the box with kit decals.

USMC%20A-4_zpsvptogkdb.jpg

The A-4P from Argentina is Hobby Craft Canada kit built straight from the box with kit decals.

A-4P_zpss1jmiwlh.jpg

Lou

Edited by Lastvautour
  • Like 1