Wiggaly amps Canberra B(I)8 WT333

The next build is going to be this little beauty.

canb_4993StuF_zpsq2l711rh.jpg

This will be a slow one I think, There is a lot of work involved. So here we go, I’ve started the work with the nose, I intend to build this with a removable nose cone so rather that use a resin one I’m going to use the Airfix B.57G radar noes. There is a problem with this, as you would expect, after all it’s the Airfix Canberra! Airfix have moulded the radar nose with a slight tapper, this is wrong as it should be a constant, tube with parallel sides, with a semi hemispherical radar dome, as you will see from the photo it is also too short for the B.(.I) mod so I’ve added a bit from a spare G nose, again due to the taper this will need building up.

IMG_0898_zps3pmsdv7p.jpg

So it's out with the white stuff, and off we go!

John

• Like 11

Its great to see you back with one of these mate. I am watching I love your Canberra builds and this is a favourite version for me. Not only a hard conversion but that paint scheme looks a bit of a challenge to pull off well too.

:popcorn: Cheers Rob :)

Its great to see you back with one of these mate. I am watching I love your Canberra builds and this is a favourite version for me. Not only a hard conversion but that paint scheme looks a bit of a challenge to pull off well too.

:popcorn: Cheers Rob :)

Thanks Rob, I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this one, my only trepidation is the paint work, it's a scary scheme to do, I may have to brake out my new as yet unused airbrush!

John

• Like 1

Thanks Rob, I'm looking forward to getting stuck into this one, my only trepidation is the paint work, it's a scary scheme to do, I may have to brake out my new as yet unused airbrush!

John

Sounds like fun. Much as I love my aerosols and Brush paints these days. I am really missing Airbrushing at the mo and must kit myself out with one. I really want to try MrColour and Mr Paint brands they look awsome.

• Like 1

I’ve started to modify the cockpit interior to represent the modified lay out used on all the long nose RAE Pershore Canberra’s. This modification involved moving the navigator and his equipment from the port side behind the pilot to the starboard side so the test equipment could be installed on a “standardised” racking system. The electrical panel at the right side of the pilot was also modified that’s why I’ve cut the top of the kit part.​

Before

IMG_0900_zpsnrlbqeno.jpg

After

IMG_0901_zpsx3rdwbcp.jpg

John

• Like 3

Very nice work. So much more satisfying for a little scratch building. Just cutting up some plasticard myself. Lovely work :)

Thanks Rob, did you see my last two Canberra's? There was a bit of scratching in them too :)

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234984193-the-mountain-cat-Canberra/and more so,

in this one, http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234975867-the-ice-queen-cometh/

John

Edited by canberra kid
  • Like 2

A bit of work on the nose radar, as I said at the start, I intend to build it in such a way that I can remove the radome to display the experiment. You may spot the step around the nose and the extension, this will be faired in with milliput when it's all fixed in place.

IMG_0907_zpsqenpmjas.jpg

IMG_0906_zpssu45ey79.jpg

John

• Like 7

I've now added some of the black boxes in the back, although I have photos of this area I'm only going for a "feel" of what it looks like as next to nothing will be seen, having said that it's quite close to how it should look. All of what is there apart from the white plastic card has come from other Canberra kits. When I get the cross member fitted I can add more kit above what’s there and start to fit out the Navigators station on the other side of the cockpit.

IMG_0908_zpsiflskovb.jpg

IMG_0910_zps0fck05rw.jpg

John

• Like 9

This looks great, will be following along. I've just made myself a brew so I think I will have a sit down and check out your other Canberra builds.

I love the scratch building, it's something that I really must try if I ever pluck up the courage.