Tamiya's New(ish) 1/48 Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) Ausf.E/F - all brush painted

PlaStix

I completed this a while ago but didn't get around to taking any photos of the completed model until this past weekend.

It's Tamiya's fairly new (it was released earlier this year) 1/48 Panzerkampfwagen 38(t) Ausf.E/F. I have to say this kit was a joy to make.

The WIP for it can be found here.

To what comes in the box I added an aerial and some stowage which was primarily from the Tamiya Jerry Can set.

These photos are taken on my Spitfire display base:

20443157174_6bd2737bde_c.jpg

20877871648_6d684062df_c.jpg

20443142654_6afb034e39_c.jpg

20443137784_eb49205a3b_c.jpg

21055762092_e969b5cbf6_c.jpg

21055746762_f7c1a4c33a_c.jpg

21039501126_8a83a5bc04_c.jpg

20877633810_dbe963ce37_c.jpg

21039558676_33e6b63ec7_c.jpg

21065716005_6eb56204ae_c.jpg

20877623820_e3acc8011d_c.jpg

20878928559_8674ae1feb_c.jpg

20444636063_c270f1b875_c.jpg

21073346371_4877d9cb32_c.jpg

20877783988_66a375acc4_c.jpg

And finally one to show how small it actually is:

19046209229_6229f6c013_c.jpg

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 27

Lovely build, especially with all the added stowage.

Andy

Hi Andy. Thank you for your comments. This was my first go at a proper pile of stowage and it went better than I expected! I will try doing this again in future.

very nicely done indeed, looks fantastic.

Adam

Hi Adam. Thank you.

Wunderbar!! I wondered what had happened to this one. Excellent build Stix, really well done :thumbsup2::thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Thank you Greg. It was really just a matter of getting around to finding the time to take some photos!

Nice result Stix on that! Looks good with the additional stowage

Hi Andy and thank you. I've always thought I ought to try adding stowage and this tank provided a small enough area to practice on!

Nearly missed this Stix, a beautiful build made to your usual excellent standard. Paintwork is fantastic and to to top this all off the photos are great too !

:clap::worthy::clap::worthy::clap:

Thank you Julian, you are very kind!

Fantastic build.

Thank you!

Well done it is absolutely amazing.

I like your balance with weathering.

Not to much but just enough to look good.

Well done sir :)

Cheers

H Pawel. Thank you for your comments.

Lovely work Stix, especially at that scale.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Simon.

Hi Simon. Thank you and yes I was slightly surprised how small this kit was! Great fun to do though!

When I get chance I will do some black and white photos to post here.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

That looks very nice. The figure looks very well proportioned too, much better than a lot of the Tamiya figures I've seen. I take it is a Tamiya fig. that came with the kit?

I might have to take a closer look at 1/48 scale as what started out as something to pass the time at sea seems to have taken hold and space is already at a premium with a large collection of figures. :)

• Like 1

That looks very nice. The figure looks very well proportioned too, much better than a lot of the Tamiya figures I've seen. I take it is a Tamiya fig. that came with the kit?

I might have to take a closer look at 1/48 scale as what started out as something to pass the time at sea seems to have taken hold and space is already at a premium with a large collection of figures. :)

Hi Roger. Thank you for your comments. The figure does come with the kit and you're right, it is a very nice one. I find 1/48 is a nice scale to work in and will definitely make some more in future.

Very nice

Thank you Calum.

Kind regards,

Stix

Very, very nice indeed, the stowage does make a huge difference. wouldn't normally be something that I'd build (I prefer post-war armour), but looking at this, I may well make an exception !!

Ian.

• Like 1

Very, very nice indeed, the stowage does make a huge difference. wouldn't normally be something that I'd build (I prefer post-war armour), but looking at this, I may well make an exception !!

Ian.

Hi Ian and thank you very much for the kind comments. It is a really nice little kit and pretty cheap to acquire. I'll probably make another one at some point.

Kind regards,

Stix

Wow, that's an absolutely excellent finish! It's good to see so much 1:48 armour on the forum lately. Unfortunately my local model shop doesn't seem to have stocked this kit but I on thd strength of your build I'll have to find one somewhere :)

• Like 1

Wow, that's an absolutely excellent finish! It's good to see so much 1:48 armour on the forum lately. Unfortunately my local model shop doesn't seem to have stocked this kit but I on the strength of your build I'll have to find one somewhere :)

Thank you Paul for your kind comments. I can certainly vouch for how good the kit it is.

• 8 months later...

Very nice, this will be my next build.

Thank you lifeofbrian. I hope you enjoy building yours as much as I enjoyed building this one. It really is a great little kit from Tamiya.

Very exclusive built. I like it very very much.

Andy

Thank you very much Andy!

I had not seen this kit, it is a shame, as it is quite beautiful, in every way,cheers Stix :goodjob:

Thank you very much too Francis. It is a great kit!

Another beaut from the man with the sticks.

Thank you Badder! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix