Ultimate Washes

Shar2

Ultimate Washes

main.jpg

Here we have two new washes from Ultimate Products. The Winter wash is completely new and can be used on both vehicles and groundwork. The liquid has very fine pigments and is quite watery, so will be good for adding a light distemper covering for a more weathered look or increasing the number of coats and giving a newly covered look. For groundwork it would give a good base on which a snow product could be added.

The Dark Dirt, although not new has been re-formulated making it quite a bit darker and with a finer pigment. To use this product, the modeller just sprays or brushes the wash onto their model, wait for at least 30 minutes, then wipe of the excess with a damp cloth or paper towel, ensuring you wipe across the like of panel lines so as not to remove the wash from areas you wish to highlight.

Conclusion
As I haven’t had a chance to try these products out I will revise this review when I have. But from the quick look they do look like they will be very useful to all modellers. Another good point is that they have no smell to them whatsoever, great for those modellers who don’t have a dedicated modelling room.

• Like 2