Buffalo Beaufighter

A tease no more! Pics now here for all to see and hopefully enjoy.

New Airfix Beaufighter as LZ451 EE-M of 404 Buffalo Squadron RCAF, January 1945, Dallachy(?).

Mainly Aviaeology decals with kit decals for the fin flash and stencilling. And a mixture of paints with aartists matt varnish with a few spots of white added to gain a faded effect. Oh ys, I added the nose 'whisker aerials' from nail brush bristle a whip aerial behind the cockpit from stretcehd sprue and anothe bristle for the rear antaenn on the rear fuselage.

Popcorn ready, are you sitting comfy...?

IMG_8546_zpssusddoqs.jpg

IMG_8547_zpsgbijat6l.jpg

IMG_8548_zpsnogpecmj.jpg

IMG_8549_zpsbiksynwg.jpg

IMG_8550_zpsnqjxdj1y.jpg

IMG_8551_zpsfm7yvife.jpg

IMG_8552_zpsh2nn6o3g.jpg

IMG_8553_zpsuecd4cxf.jpg

IMG_8554_zps6ooj8fko.jpg

IMG_8555_zps4rnpvw04.jpg

This and the pic below is the Airfix kit alongside my Hasegawa build(the one with the red code letters) from earlier this year.

IMG_8556_zps814uhrak.jpg

Fire away with your comments and questions!

• Like 30

Smashing builds!

I think it looks a super kit.

I`ve earmarked about 6 or 7 for various types / markings, one of them "2 - G". All RAF of course!

By the way, a very helpful and good source of reference is the Airfix Model World supplement in the May 2015 Issue 54. It has good drawings and explanations of a number of nuances of the Beau like the elevators and stuff.

Paul

You beat me to the finishing post on getting a build Beaufighter up on ready for inspection, not to worry though mine will be ready in a couple of days.

On the other note, you result of the kit is fantastic, I've enjoyed mine so much I'm considering another in the markings of your aircraft.

• Like 1