1/350 CVA-63 Kitty Hawk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jockster, I'll post the photos tomorrow. My headliner says 1/350 CVA-64 Connie. No longer the Connie. Why? Because Trumpeter came just out with the Connie with the aft curve sponsons. I order the Shapeways curve sponsons for the Connie I'm building. Cutting sanding making sure everything fits just right. Then Trumpeter comes out with this. Well I do have the decals for the Kitty Hawk ,so she will be my Nam version of the Hawk. 1963-1966 will be what she'll be. I just wish these companies let us know sooner what's coming the pipeline.

• Like 1

We call that sods law over here! I do like Trumpy ship kits though, all of mine seem to be reasonably accurate representations of what they're supposed to be with very little needing done other than the odd misplaced window, door or minor equipment! Like Chewitt, I've been following your work on FSM for a couple of years now! Lovely stuff!

Jockster, I'll post the photos tomorrow. My headliner says 1/350 CVA-64 Connie. No longer the Connie. Why? Because Trumpeter came just out with the Connie with the aft curve sponsons. I order the Shapeways curve sponsons for the Connie I'm building. Cutting sanding making sure everything fits just right. Then Trumpeter comes out with this. Well I do have the decals for the Kitty Hawk ,so she will be my Nam version of the Hawk. 1963-1966 will be what she'll be. I just wish these companies let us know sooner what's coming the pipeline.

That's one of the fundamental laws of being a modeller isn't it - the moment you start a conversion to make an unavailable configuration, a company announces it as their next kit! Always the way....

• 1 month later...

The Kitty Hawk parts on hull are all on. The warning stripes on the hangar deck and openings are being done. After that the hull will be prime. Next on the list is back dating the island. Maybe the hardest part to back date.

• 2 weeks later...