Avis 1/72nd La-200 'Korshun' radar.....'Toriy' Radar version now available

general melchett

Yes, good woman no doubt - 'Strong like bear, smart like tractor!'. Now where did I hear that one - it may have been on this site. Or did I dream it?

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Ah the mighty Kalinin Sadly this is the nearest we'll ever get to seeing one in the air today...beautiful model though, must have been a real labour of love.

I believe they took the turrets from the Potemkin

I don't think they would have come from the Potemkin Jason, that only had two pot turrets, more likely a Sevastopol class battle-wagon with triple bangers. :winkgrin:, mind you had this crazy but wonderful version ever existed outside of the crazed mind of a CGI artist the first salvo would have blown the old sausage into a million atomskis...

• Like 1

Yes, good woman no doubt - 'Strong like bear, smart like tractor!'. Now where did I hear that one - it may have been on this site. Or did I dream it?

Regards,

Jason

I first heard that from Krasimir, my friend in Bulgaria. I've used it a few times on this site...

I agree that an ANT-20 would be cool, but slightly larger than what my IKEA display case can hold, methinks. Is it confirmed that there will be an La-200B kit? I really kind of like the three small intakes spread around that ginormous radome.

Cheers,

Bill

Bill, so your friend is responsible for that wonderful phrase! I knew I hadn't dreamt it (or am I dreaming now? No, I can't be, as most of my dreams involve a young Salma Hayek - as she looked in the movie from 'Dusk til Dawn', some chocolate syrup, and a first edition of the 'Kama Sutra'..., but I digress). Anyhoo, I would think that the La-200B is an all-but given, as Avis have been so kind as to produce the first two versions of the magnificent La-200. To not produce the most amazing of them all, the refulgent La-200B would be simply criminal.

Regards,

Jason

• 1 month later...

Ah, General, you really must wait until Avis release that most heavenly of creations, the refulgent La-200B. Then you can do all these beauties at once. One wonders if you will be able to withstand all that pulchritude.

As Always, I Remain, With Kindest Regards, Your Most Ever-Obedient Servant,

Jason

• Like 2

Sounds like a Five Year Plan Jason and not a bad one at that. I have no idea if Avis, (thought they rented cars ?) plan to do the hulking 'B' grotesquity but hopefully they will oblige before too long, that is if the design team don't implode in abject horror before hand. Meanwhile we fans of Soviet aerial phantasmagoria have the Modelsvit M.17 to look forward to....

• Like 2

Well, the Stratosfera is certainly a weird-looking aircraft, your Generalship, but I don't think it has the truly hideous character of the La-200B. Speaking of which, and I think I many have mentioned it before, to avoid an overdose of... 'beauty', the designers of the model La-200B are only allowed to work on a small portion at one time, so they aren't overwhelmed by the 'beauty' of the entire kit. Perusing photographs (not on a full stomach) of the full-sized article, I'm led to believe that the Lavochkin OKB also adopted this practice. For example, it's obvious that the nose was designed in utter isolation (probably in a small, padded cell), with no regard or even knowledge of what the rest of the aeroplane looked like. Perhaps even without any knowledge of what an aeroplane was. Somewhat like an aeronautical equivalent of the Surrealist game 'Exquisite Corpse', where each artist added to a drawing, without knowing what the rest of the drawing looked like.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Could well be right there....I have another theory though. I think Lavochkin was sent the huge Sokol radar, (which after all was intended for the larger Yak-120 (Yak-25) as the La-200 was by then viewed as a stop gap interceptor) and was told to fit it into the thing at all costs however somewhere along the line a cartoon drawing of Snoopy got incorporated into the design and the awful results are there for all to see. The poor thing was a curmudgeon, rather akin to a British Leyland motor car, too heavy, underpowered, full of extra equipment half of which didn't work properly, a spectacular fuel guzzler and ugly to boot. If Avis do decide to make one I hope they add the huge ugly conformal wing tanks to make the monstrosity even more hideous !

• Like 1

I agree totally about the wing tanks - they add just that extra amount of awkwardness that makes the whole thing work, in an unconscionably ugly sort of way. I hadn't thought about the Snoopy hypothesis, but the results are indeed there to see.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:50 AM, Homebee said:

Dedicated PE set by NH Detail: ref. A72-045 Lavochkin La-200 Detail Set for AviS (72014, 72022)

Sources:

http://scalemodels-bg.com/nhdetail/?language=en

https://www.facebook.com/NHDetail/photos/a.129949497039779.14308.128908283810567/1272447016123349/?type=3&theater

14237484_1272447016123349_11840537697503

V.P.

Really wish that had came out before I glued my fuselage together..... Doubt I can cram them undercarriage bay walls into a built model?

On 21.10.2016 at 0:49 PM, Radleigh said:

Really wish that had came out before I glued my fuselage together..... Doubt I can cram them undercarriage bay walls into a built model?

Repeat said at scalemodels.ru

This is only of interest etched cockpit. Wheel bay no more than the fruit of the imagination of the      etched developer! According to the factory cutaway key in the wheel bays it was different! So do not get upset much!
B.R.
Serge

43 minutes ago, Radleigh said:

Not upset, but they would look better than plain plastic :) Thanks for replying.

Plastic main  whell bay interior is incorrect.

Incorrect  main  whell bay interior + incorrect etched - this

is real thing for best modelling!!!   :)

B.R.

Serge

• 9 months later...