Wrap around panoramic photos for backdrops.

RMP2

I think this is the best section to post this in, but the lack of posts worries me a tad.

Anyway.

Im looking at making a backdrop for a reasonably large diorama (approx 70cm wide, 25cm deep and 35cm high) and was considering using a panoramic multi shot photograph as the background.
It would have to cover the back and the sides, as such I thought it would want radiused corners to blend in well.

Also the diorama involves the use of trees that would be both physical and also included in the photo. This is where my major concerns lie - the blending of the two.

I realise this is a little vague but if theres anything I should be looking at based on the above, please let me know.

If more info and pictures etc of what Im thinking would help, then shout for that too and I will see what I can mock up to give you a better idea if required.

Cheers for any help.

Rob

Thats a bit pretty. No, I hadnt seen it, but yea a Typhoon with rockets is always nice and thats a good job is that.

Its certainly a start re the width of the pic and the way its worked with a dividing almost hedge line strip makes me think Id be better off using a generic and flatter landscape than the specific one I had in mind.

Cheers, much appreciated. I will dop him a message re the photo and printing stuff.

• 2 months later...

I purchased a 10ft long photographic backdrop from AUSTRALIA for my diorama.

You find them on flea-bay at a cost of £16 plus the postage whixh is just as expensive.

Its worth a look if nothing else

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321789748861?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately your link links back to this thread, Laurie, no picture - something is amiss.

Edit - what Im actauly after is producing (or stealing) a summer Lincolnshire backdrop - ie, low rolling crop/farmland hills. Yes, Lincs has hills... :)

Edited by RMP2