Run thru' the jungle! * Complete *

stevej60

Hi folk,s, I fancy getting away from aircraft for this build and as I,m really enjoying some small scale vehicle building right now

I am going to build Airfix,s Sheridan light tank which I last built well over thirty year's ago,My favorite pre owned dealer has

both JB and Airfix's re-boxed M113 APC and fire support vehicle's in stock so I,ll order tonight after a bit of research on marking

option,s in the various boxes the small scale will give plenty of time to complete them in the time frame while doing other thing,s.

Edited by snapper_city
  • Like 5

The Sheridan will make an interesting project. :coolio:

The M113 FSV is an Australian vehicle.....Would look nice with a Centurion. :winkgrin:

Thank,s Sarge,look,s like the Sheridan has no Vietnam marking's only a trial's vehicle and Stateside based vehicle and I can't find much on either JB or

Airfix's boxing's of the M113 but all three served in Vietnam and I could look at painting any specific marking's if required.Hmm Airfix do a

little centurion!

Edited by stevej60

Hi Steve. Good to see you here. Sounds like you have an interesting set of ideas planned. Looking forward to following your progress.

:popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Steve, I'm going to be needing some aftermarket decals for my Patton.....Fancy splitting a set if there's one that covers all our needs? :shrug:

Let me know what you find Sarge.

Thought I heard my name mentioned!

Cromwell do indeed do a 5/1 Centurion. Also think it's one of their newer models so is 1/72.

Airfix's Centurion is an older mark so it may be possible to convert it to a 5/1 but it would be a lot of work and it's not a terribly good kit to start with.

Apparently the best way to order Cromwell stuff is via their Facebook page but not being on there I've never tried so can't say for sure.

Their models are very good though - just finishing a CVRT Spartan at the moment.

Ben

Edited by badger
  • Like 1

Thank's Ben. I have decided to give the JB kit,s a miss instead I ,m going for Italeri's MII3(Esci re-pop?) It look's a cracking little kit and has a Vietnam

scheme as well as the Sheridan,I also have an M35 2.5ton truck in the stash which has a Vietnam scheme which probably will go into the mix.

• Like 2

Hi

Good plan - the JB ones are very simplistic, although they can be found very cheaply.

The Italeri M113 has nice decals and machine guns, although the wheels are simplified. Trumpeter do a very nice M113 ACAV which is my personal favourite. I was planning on building one for this group build with an eduard etch and some interior parts from the Italeri kit to replace the bits Trumpeter missed.

However with a baby badger on the way, I'll be doing something a bit more simple as I may stand a chance of finishing it then!

Edited by badger
  • Like 1

Forgot to add that I'll be watching your progress with the Sheridan as I have one that I would like to build and update to a Vietnam spec machine.

The M35 looks a very nice kit - mines deep in the stash and hasn't seen the light of day for a few years but I remember it looked like being an enjoyable build.

• Like 1

Thank's Ben,here's said truck,but looking at Snapper's reference thread have you seen the M113 body dropped on the back of one,now there's a

project.

SDC14307%20640x480_zpsnokx26u4.jpg

Iv always wanted to do that in 1:35.

Only issue is the truck in the pic is an M54 5t truck. Not a M35 2.5t. But not many people will know that. Otherwise Google M35 guntruck for ideas.

• Like 2

Iv always wanted to do that in 1:35.

Only issue is the truck in the pic is an M54 5t truck. Not a M35 2.5t. But not many people will know that. Otherwise Google M35 guntruck for ideas.

Good call - I was going to post the same when I got to work.

Don't know of anyone that makes an M54 in 1/72 which is a shame as the trumpeter kit has markings for a truck mounted M113.

Ben

Edited by badger
  • Like 1

Morning folk's,the posties been and we're ready for the off,both kit's arrived safe and despite being pre-owned were still shrink wrapped! so here what

you get,the Sheridan is standard seventies Airfix but still nice,the Esci / Italeri M113 is beautifully molded and would not look out of place as a new

release so once my Spitfire is built for the BoB GB I will make a start,now where's my Hendrix cd at?....There must be someway outta here,said the joker to the thief.......

SDC14357%20640x480_zpsjmms7kti.jpgSDC14360%20640x480_zps3fiserp5.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Hi Steve,

I didn't know Airfix did 1/72 armour! I thought it was all 1/76...

Or did they cheat a tiny weeny bit?

Interesting builds and very different from what we have been used to with you!

JR

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

I didn't know Airfix did 1/72 armour! I thought it was all 1/76...

Or did they cheat a tiny weeny bit?

Interesting builds and very different from what we have been used to with you!

JR

i think they are cheating a bit Jean! check out the armour WIP section I have finished a few small scale vehicles and am working on a couple more

under the title "Tiny terror's"

Morning folk,s,well as usual a nice simple small scale build expand,s into something else! I found an old picture frame while tidying up the cupboard

and thought yea both vehicle,s would look ok on that with a simple poly filler and painted base,then thinking about the ability to pose the M113 rear

door open a little diorama started to come to mind so yesterday I popped into my LMS for thinner's and among the piles of plastic figure,s I saw a

box of U.S.special forces,well you can guess the rest.Here's the basic base with the vehicle,s on I will take the polyfiller over the gilded area.

SDC14368%20640x480_zpsv1d3j5zv.jpg

And here's the more useful figures from the set primed,the bases will be cut off after painting,some of the figures carrying rifle's I hope to adapt to

fire the M113's armament.Love the guy at the front "Nam man,you don't know you were'nt there"!

SDC14370%20640x480_zpsdn8gxlub.jpg

• Like 3

Oh this is gonna be sweet. Cool to see armour from a different era, I've only ever made WW2 stuff myself. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

Edited by Blitz23
  • Like 1

Morning folk's,well the Sheridan is progressing only thirty minute's and here,s where you get,I,ve opened the small hatch and cut the main hatch

in half to pose it open as well.Photo's show the two halves open to 90 degrees which make's sense as it add's to the gunner's protection.SDC14384%20640x480_zpsdlq7dkmf.jpg

SDC14382%20640x480_zps03zuen8u.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

OOOPS! really did not mean to get this far but enjoying this little gem and could't put it down.another half hour get's the wheel's on then sprayed the

base olive green,then on low power "dusted" with a reddish brown mix heavier around the wheel,s and chassis(to replicate the distinct Vietnamese

mud).I then dry brushed in sky green and sand.So I think after shopping it;s on to the track's and glossing for decal's.Now as I said the decals do not

relate to a Vietnam unit but looking at photo,s not much can be seen on these vehicles or vehicle's in general apart from the mass graffiti the crew's

added,now there's an idea!

SDC14395%20640x480_zpsf2zm9lzg.jpgSDC14396%20640x480_zpshdfnxj7t.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all,well I can honestly say this has been a real fun quick build and I,t's been a blast re-visiting this kit,only thing left to do is add the track's and a

few store's to hang on the body,as yo can see she has a name! Thank's for popping in.

SDC14400%20640x480_zps4bkv5aez.jpgSDC14406%20640x480_zpsuidwaxqp.jpgSDC14408%20640x480_zpslvz6uukv.jpg

• Like 2