Converting Airbus A320 to A319

MPi-KM

I found a spreadsheet I did a little while ago - it says to remove 7 frames: 3 from the front and 4 from the rear. This equates to 11mm and just under 15mm, respectively. From memory you need to make the cuts between the wing root and the cargo doors.

The number of over-wing emergency exits can vary depending upon seating capacity - I believe the default for the A319 is one, compared to two for the A320, but check references for your chosen operator.

Remember to remove the small flaptrack fairings and panels lines which are only required for the A321's double-slotted flaps.

There may be other more subtle differences (I remember some discussion about nacelle chine configurations), but that covers the bulk of the changes, I think. Converting to an A318 is somewhat more involved (tail fin, wing-body fairing, cargo doors etc) - there are a number of relevant threads on here.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew is correct on the changes. The A319 is a straight shrink from the A320. Compared to the A320 the A319 is 160 cm shorter in the forward fuselage (frames 31 to 33 were deleted) and 214 cm shorter in the aft fuselage (frames 48 to 51). For practical purposes remove three windows behind the forward cargo door and four from behind the aft door. You'll have to lose the rear moulded on hinge since this door effectively moves forward on the real aircraft so a larger section of the wing to body fairing covers the door. The alternative is a complicated cut since the aft fuselage shrink is at the production break at Frame 47 which is under the wing to body fairing.

A320:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/TAM/Airbus-A320-214/2558605/L/&sid=e767a6fce23f021308892e747e693d80

A319:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/TAM/Airbus-A319-132/2683312/L/&sid=88ebd429f7888de556d3eeaa216d1f1e

All A319s have 4 large Nacelle Strakes (2 per cowl). The majority of the dual emergency exit aircraft are with Easyjet, but Air Berlin and Volaris also have them. Be aware that several A319s have left the EZY fleet and moved on to other operators like Allegiant, so check the aircraft you plan to build.

HTH,

Jonathan