Aftermarket PE/deck Trumpeter 1:200 Bismarck

colihamp

Hi,

Looking for aftermarket PE and wooden deck for Trumpeter 1:200 Bismarck and am a little confused at the offerings and where to source. The KA/MK1 set (MD20002) looks nice as do the Pontos sets (gather you need a couple of separate products to get the 'complete' set). Does anyone have any recommendations on either and where to buy? Is there is a European/U.K supplier of these?

Thanks,

Colin.

• 4 weeks later...

The Pontos deck is more accurate (plank spacing correct and waterways along the edges of the deck portrayed) than the KA deck... but the Pontos deck does the bridge area in PE and KA does it in wood. I think you can get either as a deck alone or along with detail sets of varying complexity. Artwox and Nautilus do wooden decks for the kit too.

In the end I think Pontos does it best (especially with the "advanced set") but their stuff is more expensive, complex and difficult to work with than KA's set, which is a decent product by itself.

Edited by Chango

Each to their own, but I actually prefere working with Mk1 sets, and have both them and Pontos products for various projects. Both suffer from awkward instructions, but if you're only after the deck then I don't think there's actually a lot between the two.