1/48 RCAF 1956 Skylancers Canadair Sabre Mk 5

Lastvautour

I hand carved this model from scratch. I currently have 150 solid wood models and an equal amount of plastic models. For me plastics and solid wood or any other medium does not matter as long as the builder enjoys the projects he selects. My level of solid wood model detail does not come close to the model kits displayed in this forum and neither does my kit building abilities but I love both equally.

normal_Completed_1-48_Sabre_005.jpg

Details on making solid wood models can be seen at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php

If there is an interest I will continue posting my solids on this forum.

• Like 5

it looks quite nice and kudos for hand carving it yourself. I am aware wood was the material used to build models before plastic came along. First time in the hobby, I was privileged to meet a veteran modeller and he showed me a very early wooden model kit. I was quite amazed at the time having only known the injection moulded plastic kits. Imagine if plastic was never used and all modellers today were building models made out of wood.

Thank you Knight Flyer. I am glad that plastic replace the old wooden kits. Some of those were better discarded and parts made from scratch. My first airplane was three sticks and a nail but I have progress from then and have aged over half a century in the meantime. Now we print models. What next?

Lou