Spray painting primer

Rybeast

I've had a few people mention now that they're spray painting their primers or large portions of their kits.

I tried on Sunday and failed - lots of splodges, areas without paint other areas with.

What would you say are your 'top tips' in order for me to succeed with this? Do I press the spray down fully? Do I have to get a balance?

I always use short bursts, you don't want to much paint in one area. Don't be worried about having to give your model a few coats, better to let it fully dry and go back to it then have splodges form where there's to much paint. I always prime the top fully first rotating the base I rest the model on without having to touch the actual model and once dry I flip and do the same with the bottom.

Are you using a spray can [aka a rattle can] or a spraybrush? This will determine the distance to spray from.

With either, start spraying off the model and pass over the model, stopping the spraying when you're off the model again. Rotate the model a bit and spray again. Rotate; spray, until it has an even but light coating.

When that coat has dried, turn the model over and repeat.

• Like 1