1/48 - Dassault Mirage F-1AZ resin conversion set (for Kitty Hawk kit) by Scaleworx - master ready

Homebee

Scaleworx is currently working on a 1/48th Dassault Mirage F-1AZ resin conversion set for the Kitty Hawk's Mirage F-1CR/CT kit (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234942976-148-dassault-mirage-f-1ctcr-by-kitty-hawk-released/?hl=%2Bkitty+%2Bhawk) - ref SW48-??.

Scaleworx has in its catalogue a similar set dedicated to the ESCI/Italeri Mirage F-1 kit - ref. SW48-07 (https://www.facebook.com/scaleworx/photos/a.235132476686101.1073741852.212054182327264/363249607207720/?type=1&theater)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/scaleworx/photos/a.235132476686101.1073741852.212054182327264/384199751779372/?type=1&theater

11941231_384199751779372_336112205677943

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

interesting,

but why a new fuselage?

air intakes, nose, ventral fins, maybe Y bombrack, but what else is diifferent to a "normal" F1????

the 7cm nose extensions for the F1-200 does not justify a completely new fuselage imho!

They'd better wait a bit longer till Kinetic's 1/48 Mirage F1 is released. At the very least it won't be 1/46 scale like the Kittyhawk kit...

I agree, the kit is not great scale wise (I think it is even a little bigger than 1/46th but will not argue) and has lots of fit issues, mine is half built and packed back in the box. Yes it looks like a F1, but that is where it ends unfortunately.

Edited by Ali62

It isn't a new fuselage AFAIK but just the KH one.

proabbaly youa re right...

I guessed so because of the cream colour, but maybe that is just the light an it is actually grey!

strange assortment of parts nontheless.... wheel?

and why 2 differently coloured ventral fins?.... whatever!

I do not possess a KH Mirage as of now. staying with the Esci one but I am going to use Renaissance Models Fuselage and wing set soon!

wheel?

I've heard that the MLG wheel size isn't good. Perhaps they'll be redone.

and why 2 differently coloured ventral fins?

One is probably the original one and the other the SA one (embedded decoy dispenser)

I've heard that the MLG wheel size isn't good. Perhaps they'll be redone.

One is probably the original one and the other the SA one (embedded decoy dispenser)

you are probably right!

where to get Scaleworx Resin ?

I have the Cheetah C convercion for the Heller kit,

but that one I bought via ebay here in Austria...

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Let me clear up a few questions ;)

I'm not making a new fuselage, as it's merely a conversion set for a SAAF variant.

Only 2 countries ever acquired the A variant, South Africa and Libya, and South Africa sold some to Gabon. Although the Libyan ones have an extension at the root of the tail fin, as Homebee posted, it also retained the original intake shock cones, but does not have the ventral CHAFF/Flare dispenser mod or the RWR's ("Katballetjies") on the nose and tail fin. Other than that, my conversion will most certainly help you build an F-1AD.

As Laurent mentioned, the main landing gear wheels of the Kitty Hawk kit are way too big, hence the new ones I made.

The conversion kit will have decals for a late SAAF version, but it might just be worthwhile to consider the Libyan version, but is there any interest out there to justify a separate conversion set, because it will require a few less parts?

As for placing orders for ScaleWorx products, it only be done via e-mail at [email protected]

Here's a few pictures of the progress made so far.

20151124_133149_zpsdbckdxbl.jpg

20151124_133414_zpsarmcrn6o.jpg

20151124_133130_zpsecrbnlcu.jpg

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers, John

exdraken, you had me worried there for a moment, but it's an optical illusion between the 2 colours, in my opinion. I scaled up a photo on the computer to compare it to, and it seems okay ;)

Cheers, John

hope so!

do you align at the nose tip in the overlay? photo windscreen front base and rear cockpit bulkhead seem to be both within the model's boundaries! i know, its a photo, taken from an unknown angle, distortion and whatsoever!

great that someone tackles the F1 attack variant! :) :)

I wish you could include high viz decal option...

P

Hi,

I like it too, but that would impact the cost of the set, plus the late scheme tends to be more popular, from past sales trends. Aftermarket decals for the old scheme is easily available from MAV Decals ;)

The first resin parts were cast today. So this set is now in production and available from [email protected] :D

12316480_410357902496890_920771508749874

Cheers, John