Space 1999 - Eagle Transporter

Well I fancied change from Armour and Aircraft, so I bought an Eagle Transporter at Avon IPMS show.

The build was very easy, though there was lot of mold lines and flash to remove to make the bits at least decent.

The paint job is fairly easy if you leave it as the all white version, but I plumped for the rescue pod version with the red stripes. What a nightmare the masking has been, trying to maintain straight stripes over the lumps, bumps and recesses.2015-08-11%2020.19.02_zpsbibleyck.jpg20150826_183633_zpsys08n5mq.jpg20150826_183644_zpssil6ma0s.jpg

Edited by andygif290368
  • Like 1

Its always nice to see another Eagle in the workshop. Speaking for myself alone here, like Blake's Liberator, these were iconic designs from the TV Sci-Fi 70's that I grew up with and fell in love with - and never bettered on most accounts.

Good luck with your build - do you dare hollow out the forward and rear hull pole structures?? I was always tempted back in the day but did not have a dremel back then.

I shall be keeping an eye on this bird

Red stripes done, needs a coat or two of klear before I put the decals on.

IMG_20150828_145918_edit_1440770380630_z

No, this was just a quick build, so I didn't consider hollowing out the two compartments.

I've added the 24" version to the wants list though.

Hmm, Blake 7 flying hairdryers and airwick ball air fresheners.

Edited by andygif290368
  • Like 1

Started the decaling today, and it's not going well. The landing leg decals wouldn't lie down properly, think they are actually a bit too big for the area they are supposed to cover. I guess it'll now be mask and spray job, it's not complicated spray job just going to be fiddly. Thank god I've got some micro masking tape.

At least the other decals you have to put on before completing the assembly have gone on ok.... so far.

Nice strips - back in the 197? when I made this kit a few times, I used sellotape (like we did back then) to mask the red/white stripes and it failed miserably.

PS - the hairdryer was probably Blake's - used to keep the perm in trim !

I saw a video of Matt Irwin's and was amused to learn of the bits used for the series - no lemon squeezers though !!

Well the landing strut decals would not lay down at all and then began to break up, so out comes the Micro tape and airbrush again. Quite pleased how the came out in the end. Plenty more decals to go on. But here is where I am tonight with it.20150911_215448_zpsz87ela0p.jpg20150911_215508_zps7ms4pnf7.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This one's done, will put the rest of the finished shots into the other thread tonight.2015-09-20%2018.25.23_zpslel8sov5.jpg