1/35 Towed Rapier FSB

MickE

• 2 weeks later...

​After a little break I have been cracking on with it. I have finished building the missiles. I have added the rail seen on top and bottom of the missiles when they are loaded to the launcher. I also filled in the hole at the back of the missiles and re-drilled them in the centre as I have seen in a couple of pictures. I have primed and painted them but not photographed them yet. I have also been busy adding the various electrical cables to the units. The blindfire unit is particularly festooned with them! Here are two of the missiles. The other two are the same.

Missiles_zpsrkeb9wiy.jpg

For the figure I have to paint his trousers in the light olive green seen in the 80s. I also need to paint his woolly pulley green. Can anyone tell me what paint I need for them?

Mick

Lightweight trousers will be olive green fella, they used too fade badly when washed so anything from a light olive (washed out ) to a darkish olive. Jumper heavy wool is a bit darker.

Have a look at my Chally 1 build as the tank crew coveralls are the same olive green as the lightweight trousers in colour

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234981662-chally-1/page-26

The Tamiya paint codes I think are there somewhere.

Dan

Lightweight trousers will be olive green fella, they used too fade badly when washed so anything from a light olive (washed out ) to a darkish olive. Jumper heavy wool is a bit darker.

Have a look at my Chally 1 build as the tank crew coveralls are the same olive green as the lightweight trousers in colour

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234981662-chally-1/page-26

The Tamiya paint codes I think are there somewhere.

Dan

Now you could go the extra mile re the fading on the denims as when they had been regularly ironed for a year or so, you used to get the 'two tone' denim effect - the outside of the trousers was a lighter green than the inside of the trousers where regular ironing had caused the material to fade. The dividing line was the crease at the front and back of the leg, which was ironed to the point that is was as sharp as a steak knife.

• Like 1

Here is the blindfire radar with the electrical cables added. I have tried to replicate the arrangement as per the real radar but you can only do so much from other people's photos. I am pleased with the way they came out.

Radar%20right_zpsayqhtj3o.jpg

Radar%20rear_zps3ghi51tl.jpg

Radar%20Left_zpsxf8glqxc.jpg

Since taking these pictures I have managed to make some decals and apply them to all the units. The missiles are nearly finished and the units have all been glued to the diorama base. One thing I need to do now is attach all of the cables between the units. Unfortunately there are no phots for this so I am in the dark. Does anyone have any information as to the interconnection of the units i.e. which units are connected to what and also where on the units are the cables connected to?

Mick

• Like 2

Well I have just finished the figure, which was the last thing to do. I did take some pictures but the light is crap so they came out too dark. The diorama will be on the IPMS Salisbury table at Telford tomorrow, in hall 3, for those who want to see it. I will post some pictures of it when I get back. Thanks for looking and all the help you gave me.

Regards

Mick