1/16 Trumpeter PzKpfw IV H

Niiiiice radio equip, I bet that really works, cheers Gremlin :popcorn:

Thank you Francis,

This was actually a rather quick part of the build because just about nothing is visible when the hull is sealed up. The little bit you see is due to the light blue grey I used instead of a darker grey.

:winkgrin:

All looking good Gremlin.

But did you remember to charge the batteries? LOL. :coolio:

Simon.

What was the name of the film? "Batteries not included" ?

This was a rather uninspired part of the build Simon. Heading toward camo country now. Should be rather challenging :analintruder::coolio:

You have just got to love the detail that is going into this beast of a build :popcorn::popcorn:

Beefy

Thanks Keith,

It is getting to be extremely heavy by now :analintruder: Maybe that's where the moniker "heavy metal" came from :guitar: :guitar: :guitar::jump_fire::headphones:

Large lumpy chunk of plastic :winkgrin:

• Like 1

Cracking job as always mate !!

Kev

Thanks Kev, most of the offending details sealed away :yahoo::thumbsup::winkgrin:

"

What was the name of the film? "Batteries not included" ?" OK Gremlin, but it also could be "Hans Frei" too LOL.

Simon.

"Ve haf a Blootoos radio in my little tank" :viking::headphones:

• Like 2

4/6 update:

Now that the upper hull is fixed a nearly endless stream of tools, fittings etc. can be added to the IV. The barrel cleaning rods, tow cable, spare wheel bin, antenna base, skirt mounts and more Zimm have been fitted:

P6040857.jpg

P6040858.jpg

P6040859.jpg

P6040860.jpg

P6040861.jpg

P6040863.jpg

P6040864.jpg

Time for a nice dry and cool Rosé from the Provence :yahoo: :yahoo:

• Like 12

Hi Julian. Sorry I've not dropped in for a while. Hope you are keeping well. Progress looks excellent on your project. I wish I had the space because your tank is looking awesome! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Glad it was useful.....Shame you'll need a surgical endoscope to see most of it! :winkgrin:

WWW.Banggood.com sells a sort of USB endoscope, could be a way to see whats inside the kit :coolio::winkgrin:

Hi Julian. Sorry I've not dropped in for a while. Hope you are keeping well. Progress looks excellent on your project. I wish I had the space because your tank is looking awesome! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

Very nice of you to drop in for a look at the IV. Making headway here, the more progress the less you really see of the interior :analintruder:

• Like 1

Every time are less inside, what a shame... :popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn:

Like the Magician's trick:

"now you see it, now you don't " :winkgrin:

More photos today that should be either entertaining or controversial :yahoo::analintruder:

• Like 1

5/6 update:

Some colour, not the camo coat but Vallejo acrylic ground, Desert Tan. The frames and supports for the skirts are in place, fit was excellent. Work started on the suspension of the Beast

P6050872.jpg

P6050866.jpg

P6050871.jpg

P6050868.jpg

P6050869.jpg

P6050865.jpg

:coolio:

• Like 9

Camouflage suited to fording rivers of custard Andy :winkgrin: Always start German yellow way too light to avoid a dark brown colour after weathering. I have made that mistake several times before :analintruder:

The E-10 is too dark, the Jagdpanther looks better:

IMG_0005.jpg

Jagdpanther_009.jpg

• Like 6

The paint is certainly making the detail POP!

I think the colour is sweet ..............

I have a vision of Das Panzer skipping across a meadow

:banghead: Where have I left my pills?

Kev

Disney could make a film of it: "Buttercup, the little yellow panzer IV", with a title song by Elton John, that would give a huge number of readers and watchers diabetes :coolio::thumbsup:

• Like 3

7/6 update:

Drive wheels and suspension dry fitted, Buttercup will be rolling shortly. Quick snap of cr*p innards. Standing Benno next to Buttercup gives a good idea of the size of this boxy "UberHun".

Must have been intimidating to have one running across your freshly mowed lawn with Mg's blazing :analintruder::yikes:

P6070873.jpg

P6070874.jpg

P6070875.jpg

P6070876.jpg

P6070877.jpg

P6070878.jpg

P6070879.jpg

• Like 9

Coming along really well fella, tracks soon then ?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Heading in that direction now but how soon? Building the tracks is a mind numbing job :banghead:

I have ordered some black mud and mud/grass mix for the lower parts of Buttercup. Getting a good idea now of how big the Beast will be.

:winkgrin:

• Like 1

It is when one puts like you have an object next to a build at the same scale you get a real size on the thing.

And yes, it would wee wee some people off if it cut across their nice cut lawn.

Still, she is taking shape Gremlin, and looking good too.

Simon.

• Like 1