Airfix 1/72 Curtiss Tomahawk IIB (P-40B) 112 Sqn

Hello Everyone,

Well this is my second build for the Remembrance Day Lunch that the librarian, Karen, at work will be holding. This Tomahawk will be displayed next to a Spitfire, Bf-110 and Bf-109, possibly a Lancaster too. I decided to add this one as who doesn't love a Sharkmouth?! Plus I was trying to convey the notion that the world war was just that, worldwide... you know what kids are like. Anyhow, this the newer tool mould from Airfix of the classic Tomahawk (always liked this aircraft). I had a few issues with it, I think most of those issues where my own doing. Live and learn huh? I had to strip the paint as the xtracrylix didn't wanna play for some reason. I had to resort to Tamiya and mixing the middlestone colour. I am quite impressed with it. On to the pictures.

20860985522_839cbcfc5b_b.jpg

20247567724_b10c3ed3fb_b.jpg

20683872089_2f1eaf8b41_b.jpg

20860985262_81ae7a920a_b.jpg

20682562420_ba12484a4a_b.jpg

20877837771_8644b30a36_b.jpg

20248025454_c83e031f44_b.jpg

20877836861_282d1275bb_b.jpg

Still learning how far I can stretch the EZ-Line, unlike the Spitfire, I dont think the weather is heavy enough. I had fun making this model and it went together really well, apart from a few silly bits.

Once again, please let me know what you think.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 27

Love a bit of P-40 hence my Avtar. Great build of the aircraft and the paint finish is gleaming. Well done sir

• Like 1

Knight_flyer, thank you. I like the desert scheme too, I got a Hurricane IIc in the same colours. Got to build a tank buster yet from the 3D-kits conversion. :)

Beard, thank you very much. :)

Chuckb1, thank you for the kind words. I do have a soft spot for this aircraft. I don't know why. My grandad was in Libya around the same time as these 112 machines where. I'd like to think they where providing top cover for him... I'll have to look it up. I'm really happy with the paint work. One of the few times it went right!! :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Karen the Librarian?,sure it's not Conan? :wicked:

Nicely done Peef Dazz.

Good to see you're helping to educate the kids.

Learning them the significance of "Lest We Forget" is a very important thing I feel.

She certainly has a temper on her sometimes. :P I'm sure she'll love the nickname when I tell her, Miggers. ;) Thank you for the kind comments, I've since found out that one of our teachers just shows the kids Backadder for the WWI part... I give up sometimes...

Very nice!!

Is the azure blue from xtracrylix?

Milo.

Thank you Milo, the Azure Blue is actually from Vallejo 71.108 UK Azure Blue (click the linky to the paint) it sprays a bit thick, but I think that's just me being lazy.

Another little cracker Dazz,nice one!

Cheers muchly stevej60. Much appreciated :)

Lovely scheme- clean build thanks for sharing

Thank you flyingpiggy and you're welcome. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Very nice, clean build. I'm also a great fan of desert camouflages and shark mouthed aircraft :) this airfix kit is in my wish list for a future build.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

very nice - well done

PM

Thank you very much, Patrick.

Very nice, clean build. I'm also a great fan of desert camouflages and shark mouthed aircraft :) this airfix kit is in my wish list for a future build.

Cheers

Jaime

Thank you Jamie, the Sharkmouth on this one is a little hard to get correct (mines far from it) but it does look cool with it on. :D

very nice - have that one in the stash and hope mine turns out as good as yours (okay, I know it won't, be hey, we hope all, don't we).

Cheers,

Michael

Thank you Michael. I'm sure yours will be better as it will not have the same mistakes as mine and there was plenty to list. :)

very nice indeed , you have made a lovely job on that one . :goodjob: small nic pick, those aerial wires look way over scale ( too thick ) try very fine fishing line

and you will see the diffrence

Thank you Keith. I agree about the aerial wires, it was my first attempt at using EZ-Line and drilling through the wings to feed the wire through. I'm still learning how to use it correctly and hadn't stretched it far enough. Live and learn huh? I usually use my dogs hair for wire, comes already coloured black too ;)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

Nice job! I like this kit too. Nice to build and the details are quite good.

Cheers

Thank you Dema, it was a fun kit to build. I do have the AVG version as well, which I will be attempting soon hopefully :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• 2 weeks later...