Airfix 1/48 DeHavilland Sea Vixen FAW.2

The finish you achieved with your paint is superb again, having those two next to each other shows it off brilliantly. The Vixen is a lovely looking thing and you've really done it justice. Very nice!

You did a great job on the Sea Vixen, lovely! I have one in the stash too and every time I see one here it moves closer to the top of the pile!

I had no confidence in brush painting the canopy seals when I did a Mirage F1 recently, so based on a tip I saw in a "how to" book, I got some sheets of decals from Hannant's with straight lines in various colours and thickness which I felt did a nice job of adding on the canopy seals.

Dassault_Mirage_F1C_ESCI_finished_cockpi

Dassault_Mirage_F1C_ESCI_canopy_mirrors.

Not perfect of course, but a better result that I could have got by hand painting, and a lot less fiddly than masking and spraying I think.

Might be worth a try for your next project?

Very much so Ronan! I've tried this before but rather than precut strips, I tried to cut up some spare invasion stripes to use and it didn't go well. I'll have a look for the sheets you mention.

I think they are Hannant's own brand Xtradecal sheets, I found them nice to work with and come in lots of colours. Well worth a look!

I love your Javelin too by the way, I can see one making it's way into my stash at some stage!

Excellent finish, looks just right. It is very easy to go over the top on weathering and end up with an aircraft that looks like it's been outside at a museuem for years. In service aircraft were, when I was in, washed as an out of phase calendar based item. Hand polishing VIP Pembrokes after evry flight, and the bar open!