Hunter crashes at Shoreham

sinnerboy

BBC have just updated the story on their website, it says the pilot did a loop and didn't make it and crashed on or very close to the A27. There is a photo but I don't think the pic is right somehow.

The 'news' and aviation accidents are always seemingly at odds with each other. The reporting of any aviation related event is appalling.

My thoughts go out to anyone directly affected by this sad event today. :weep:

• Like 3

Let's hope the pilot escaped, do these civvy aircraft still retain live seats? Any thoughts as to which airframe it was? Not been a good year so far, I think the BBC mentioned casualties but let's hope it's not fatalities.

Edited by HP42

I know it was a T.7 they have been advertising for the show. I'm planning to go tomorrow.

Lets just hope there are no serious casualties. I don't like the sound of the reports of debris hitting passing cars though.

From the photo on the Sky News site it looks like it came down quite close to the Sussex Pad pub, which is just opposite the airfield, and of course right on the A27.

Hoping for no bad news from this beyond the headline, especially after the Gnat.

Edited by T7 Models

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/11818191/Plane-crashes-at-Shoreham-Air-Show-Live.html

Police statement: "At about 1.20pm the aircraft hit several cars on the A27 just to the north of Shoreham Airport, where an air display is taking place. The aircraft ended up in a bush. There have been several casulties but we have no further infromation on these at the moment."

It has apparently crashed just near the junction to the Airport off the A27. A very bad place for it to happen. Lets just hope any injuries are minor and no one is seriously injured.

I worked at the show from 2008 to 2013, unfortunately it appears to have crashed at a very busy point.

Lets just hope and pray.

Nigel

yes I thought from that picture it looked like it crashed at the front of the Sussex Pad, fortunately that's not now a pub, it was always packed on airshow days.

BBC on tele just had an eyewitness account who said there have been fatalities. Hope their wrong.

BBC say it "crashed into cars on the A27". Sounds bad.

In a statement police said: "At about 1.20pm the aircraft hit several cars on the A27 just to the north of Shoreham Airport, where an air display is taking place.

Edited by chaddy

Shocking news, been following it on the various media. I think it's a T7 which probably means I saw it a few weeks ago over here for a couple of airshows. Hope the pilot is OK although it looks like people on the ground were killed. It's been a bad year for crashes.

Edited by noelh