Battle of Britain Day Flypast

andymoore

I don't think I will be able to make it to Goodwood for this once in a lifetime event, but I'm sure many of you will be extremely interested if you haven't already heard about it. Apparently there will be 39 (yes thirty nine !!!) spitfires, nine hurricanes & a Blenheim taking part in this. There will be a full flypast from goodwood to wittering & then the group will break into smaller flights to visit various BOB airfields. There are a few tickets still available to get into Goodwood, where the stands will still be up from the Goodwood revival a week earlier, you just need to register for the free tickets....

here is the web link

http://www.battleofbritainday.co.uk/

this really looks like it could be one awesome event​

• Like 1

37 Spitfires, 2 Seafires, 8 Hurricanes, a Sea Hurricane and a Blenheim (to be strictly accurate!). Nice tribute to the Few, who did after all include some pilots wearing dark blue as well as light.

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting & a fabulous bonus for those attending. I've booked tickets for the Tuesday event & just hope the weather is good. Whatever happens, the sound is going to be incredible.

That story surfaced in the Daily Mail and its utter rubbish - the flypast was never planned to go OVER London, but to the airfields AROUND London like Northolt, Bigging Hill, North Weald etc.

If you check out the routes here: http://www.battleofbritainday.co.uk/#!routes/c1pxthese have been the same since the site was launched and none go over London...