Mcdonnell Douglas F-4 Phantoms

ESCI Phantom II in 1/48 scale. The kit is built straight out of the box. The original kit decals fell apart so home made one were printed on my inkjet,

Lou

1-48%20Phantom%20002_zpsnzh9biep.jpg

Edited by Lastvautour
  • Like 20

Thank you HL-10 and Paul. The first display area was damaged by a broken water pipe.You will see it in older pictures I will post shortly. This current one is still in progress. The hangars I work at were always full of machinery, tool boxes and servicing equipment. I tried to clutter things up as much as possible (keeping safety in mind of course).

Lou aka lastvautour

Hello again,Lastvautour - My congratulations once again on your phone F4s.I always wondered what the inside of the Mc.Donnell Douglas St.Louis Factory looked like and thanks to your efforts I now have a splendid insight.An inspirational piece of modelling.All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

ESCI Phantom II in 1/48 scale. The kit is built straight out of the box. The original kit decals fell apart so home made one were printed on my inkjet,

Lou

1-48%20Phantom%20002_zpsnzh9biep.jpg

Nice Phantoms! love all the variations in colour schemes sometimes i wonder just how many different schemes the F4 wore in its lifetime.

As an aside, Just a few accuracy notes for those people doing maintenance hangar dioramas in the future.

In real,life;

1.You never have an aircraft in a maintenance hangar carrying live weapons (IE sidewinders)

2.You never do maintenance on an armed aircraft

3.Personnel never stand in front of forward firing weapons (ie missiles/guns)

4.You never store weaponry in a hangar.

Selwyn

Hello again,Lastvautour - My congratulations once again on your phone F4s.I always wondered what the inside of the Mc.Donnell Douglas St.Louis Factory looked like and thanks to your efforts I now have a splendid insight.An inspirational piece of modelling.All the best,Paul.

Thank you again Paul.

Lou

Thank you again Paul.

Lou

You're more than welcome,Lou.I must teach my IPad Phantomese.My last message should have said FINE (with a PH) F4s.!! I look forward to seeing your Strike Eagle in the Final Inspection Facility at some point! Well done once again.All the best,Paul.

Selwyn, the weaponry are Dummy Air Training Missles (DATM). In this case I modeled the rack use with the NFTC BAe Hawk. We used the DATM as a counter weight to the Aircraft Instrumentation System, (AIS) Pod .

Lou

DATM%20Stand_zpsapvxiv4h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Selwyn, the weaponry are Dummy Air Training Missles (DATM). In this case I modeled the rack use with the NFTC BAe Hawk. We used the DATM as a counter weight to the Aircraft Instrumentation System, (AIS) Pod .

Lou

DATM%20Stand_zpsapvxiv4h.jpg

So what about the missiles on the grey Navy phantom eh? :nono:

Seriously, I just posted to help people in the future.

Selwyn

• 4 weeks later...