Matchbox II GB Chat

Arniec

On 11 september 2017 at 10:37 PM, stevej60 said:

Possibly another entry with the Swordfish as I would like to do a 100% Matchbox kit as well as the Revell/Matchbox Spitfire,I had one given

in a Rainbow boxing with an all Black  scheme which doesn't seem to get done very often did Revell's re-pop a year or two ago.

SDC14689%20600x450_zpsbn39dinx.jpg

that would be nice to see.

Cheers,

• Like 1

My record at GBs is poor due to my slow modelling but I would like to put my name down for this one if that's OK? Off to ponder what I would like to build.

Martian

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Thom216 said:

I need to keep an eye out for a Matchbox Uhu. There's one on ebay right now, but I'll wait and see if a cheaper one becomes available.

That is not a Matchbox model, but a old revell one. It was put in there after revell took over the matchbox molds and also the name, but that was only for a short time.

Cheers,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arniec said:

That is not a Matchbox model, but a old revell one. It was put in there after revell took over the matchbox molds and also the name, but that was only for a short time.

Cheers,

There are a number of other old Revell kits that were packaged as Matchbox, I have the P-70 in my stash.

• Like 1

this is coming up fast, not going to have the bench time for many builds so will have to be selective, was going to do a wimpy, but as airfix have the new tool net year Ill wait, same with a b-25, sure theres going to b a 2nd boxing next year more up my street than airfix first, so leaves me with a halifax, was a revell rebox one in my local shop but think thats been sold so will have to wait on ebay :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

this is coming up fast, not going to have the bench time for many builds so will have to be selective, was going to do a wimpy, but as airfix have the new tool net year Ill wait, same with a b-25, sure theres going to b a 2nd boxing next year more up my street than airfix first, so leaves me with a halifax, was a revell rebox one in my local shop but think thats been sold so will have to wait on ebay :)

I should build the Wellington, it will be yonks before we see the new Airfix kit. You could do the Coastal Command version. 

• Like 1

Stroll on this one has sneaked up on me, I'm still sanding my Contrail Blackburn Perth in the flying boat GB and now I have to start on my MG TC in this, might have to "work from home" for a few days to get a head start on these if I am to have any chance of finishing them in time :frantic:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

It only seems like 5 mins ago that I put my name forward for this group build. It was in actual fact August, August 2015.

I have just proposed an Airfix The Golden Years group build for 2018 if there are any interested parties reading this, so far we need another 12 names to get things moving.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Plasto said:

I'll give it a go I have the Sea Venom here somewhere or perhaps a FJ-4

I built the Sea Venom many years ago as a callow youth.  I paid for it with a cheque - the first cheque I ever issued!  After handing over the cheque, the chap in the model shop said "thank you, Mister Matrix". That was the first time that had ever happened to me...